Anyone else new to Insanity?

Options
I did my first Fit Test this afternoon -- anyone else just starting out with Insanity?

Replies

• waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I did my second fit test this morning, beginning of week 3 today. Check out my blog with photos from my Sunday Insanity workout with my 3 year old daughter:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/waguchan?month=201005

I took a day off from insanity on Saturday instead of Sunday this week because I attended boot camp at the gym on Saturday morning... so really, no day off.

GOOD LUCK! It gets easier after the first week.
  • SquidInTraining
    Options
    I did my second fit test this morning, beginning of week 3 today. Check out my blog with photos from my Sunday Insanity workout with my 3 year old daughter:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/waguchan?month=201005

I took a day off from insanity on Saturday instead of Sunday this week because I attended boot camp at the gym on Saturday morning... so really, no day off.

GOOD LUCK! It gets easier after the first week.

Thanks! I hope so, I was huffing and puffing like crazy today!
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    I did my first fit test on Saturday. Yesterday was the first workout and I could not believe how hard it was!! I did my 2nd workout today and it was still hard but in a different way. I think the workouts are amazing. I was so sore when I started the workout today but he does a great warm up/stretch and by the time that was over, my muscles felt great. I don't think I've ever done a half hour video which causes my legs / abs and arms (ok, my whole body!) to ache the next day.

Make sure to have your recovery drink after your workout though, I am sure that I wouldn't have been able to walk today if I didn't have one yesterday!

Good luck, let me know how your first workout goes!!!
  • SquidInTraining
    Options
    I did my first fit test on Saturday. Yesterday was the first workout and I could not believe how hard it was!! I did my 2nd workout today and it was still hard but in a different way. I think the workouts are amazing. I was so sore when I started the workout today but he does a great warm up/stretch and by the time that was over, my muscles felt great. I don't think I've ever done a half hour video which causes my legs / abs and arms (ok, my whole body!) to ache the next day.

Make sure to have your recovery drink after your workout though, I am sure that I wouldn't have been able to walk today if I didn't have one yesterday!

Good luck, let me know how your first workout goes!!!

Someone who has already done Insanity let me borrow (indefinitely... they're moving on to a different program.. lol) the discs - it didn't come with anything but the DVD's and the little nutrition plan and calendar thingies... does a protein shake after work, do you know?
  • kdsmith
    Options
    I was drinking a cup of chocolate milk after long runs so that is all I had after the Insanity workouts. I was wondering if I needed to add in any protein powder but seeing as I forgot to buy some, I didn't bother. I definitely think the chocolate milk helped my recovery for today though. Make sure you drink it within 30 minutes of finishing your workout. I only have the DVD's as well.
  • SquidInTraining
    Options
    I was drinking a cup of chocolate milk after long runs so that is all I had after the Insanity workouts. I was wondering if I needed to add in any protein powder but seeing as I forgot to buy some, I didn't bother. I definitely think the chocolate milk helped my recovery for today though. Make sure you drink it within 30 minutes of finishing your workout. I only have the DVD's as well.

Sorry for the 20 questions, but was it full fat milk? I'm trying to figure out what would be the most effective. I've heard that post workout stuff needs to have a 4:1 grams of carbs to protein ratio, I guess I just don't know where to begin! I'm a little overwhelmed by the world of 'serious' working out.. :blushing:
  • kdsmith
    Options
    Not a problem, I just used my skim milk and added in some chocolate syrup. I'm not 100% sure if this is perfect for Insanity, probably someone from the Insanity thread would know more. It was exactly what we needed for training for half marathons but even though Insanity is shorter in duration, it feels a lot harder on the muscles than a long run. I need to look into this a bit more as well.
  • SherrellB
    SherrellB Posts: 6
    Options
    I did the test for the first time. although i been doing the workout i missed out on the first test. insanity is kicking my butt. but I amstaying motivated.
  • jessierichardson
    Options
    I am patiently waiting for mine to come in the mail! I can't wait to get started :)