I'm about to cry...

Options
I'm feeling sooooooooooooo frustrated right now.

I'm doing the 30 day shred and i' just started level 2 today and about 15 minutes in i started feeling frustrated. not like the moves were so hard but i'm just like mentally exhausted of working out at this point.

i was about to start crying, i had to breathe and calm down. this is kinda random i don't know why...

Replies

• sss1966
    sss1966 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You need to work through it. I did the 30 day shred last summer, without missing a day, and I remember level 2 being the hardest, wether it was through fatigue I don't know, and I remember one day, I was almost sick, but I was determined not to miss a day. Don't be too hard on yourself, tomorrow may be better, it's your mind telling you that you are out of your comfort zone, just keep going and you will get through x
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow, do something else. Go for a walk, instead of doing the video. Working out should be physically challenging, but it is supposed to help you relax, and get rid of stress hormones, not freak out!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    If you're not fit, it's gonna be hard. It's like anything else.............till you get good at it, it's gonna suck.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Are you taking rest days, or trying to do all 30 days straight through? Because Jillian herself has said she was shocked people were going all 30 days with no breaks, and she never intended that - in all her subsequent workouts that I've done, she always recommends at least one rest day per week.

Also make sure you are eating enough to fuel your workouts.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    I agree with both making sure you're eating enough to fuel what you're doing, and changing things up if you find yourself getting burned out. I did 30ds when I started, and I enjoyed it, but I also changed it up with other exercises so that I wouldn't get too bored. Going for a walk, or a hike, or checking out some other videos. I liked some of the videos on hulu, I did some cardio videos and some body weight leg strength training videos. I could probably find them, if you're interested. Pilates can be fun, too, and is great for flexibility. And weight training! It's great for seeing results fairly quickly, which I found super motivating.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Are you taking rest days, or trying to do all 30 days straight through? Because Jillian herself has said she was shocked people were going all 30 days with no breaks, and she never intended that - in all her subsequent workouts that I've done, she always recommends at least one rest day per week.

I was going to say pretty much exactly this.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Suck it up butter cup.
    If this was easy everyone would be in great shape. Its your job to be better than that.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Mentally exhausted? That shouldn't impact on working out and it should make you feel good. It's only 20 mins long, not sure what the problem is.
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Honestly, PUSH harder. The moves get easier when you push.

if they were easy from the get go you wouldn't need to work out.

I just finished level 2 and am halfway through 3. I know that if you dont get over it and push you will just get frustrated because you wont get any better
    I dont understand how a 20-25 min workout is mentally exhausting.
  • runmybunsoff
    runmybunsoff Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    PUSH GIRL. You will be so happy you went through it. I got through it!
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should go back to Level 1 for another week. Maybe you are not quite ready to level up. Do you really have to finish in 30 days?

I listened to a Jilian podcast today and she definitely recommends working out 6 days a week and taking 1 rest day.
  • PaigeAnderson100
    PaigeAnderson100 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    It's very possible that you are becoming impatient with the process, we all do at some point. I quit 30 day shred after one day and I continously beat myself up about it and feel like a failure. I am starting again this week and this time, I don't care if I vomit, cry, bleed or die... I will FINISH 30 day shred. (Obviously a little bit less dramatic than this).
    I watched an interview with Jillian Michaels and she seemed somewhat surprised that people were actually finishing the video in 30 days because, she follows a 6 day per week workout and one rest day rule. I know a lot of people who finished it in 30 days and they didn't die.

My suggestions for you:
    -Go back to level one and start over
    -Turn up some upbeat music while doing the video so that you can concentrate on the fun aspect of working out
    -Take a rest day in your week so that you can allow your mind a break as well
    -Add fun workouts into your day as well so that you don't get bored
    -Don't do 30 day shred if it's making you cry. No one wants you to suffer.

Good luck. I wish you the best.
  • AsianDramazz
    Options
    Mentally exhausted? That shouldn't impact on working out and it should make you feel good. It's only 20 mins long, not sure what the problem is.

Yes. 30DS isn't my first attempt at getting fit, i've been trying since last year and nothing seems to be working.
  • AsianDramazz
    Options

i took one rest day (which was saturday).
    but for some reason today i just got frustrated. i was just tired of having to work out i guess (while some others are naturally blessed with slim bodies).
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    possible reasons

1) you been watching too many asian dramazz and your emotions are on overload
    2) TOM
    3) you're exhausted and need a rest day.
    4) you're hungry for french fries or cake and it's making you cry
    shall_we_dance17.jpg
    004SWD_Jennifer_Lopez_050.jpg(Shall We Dance)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    stop being emo during your workouts. suck it up, cupcake and get the work done.

go cry yourself into a ball of frustration afterwards.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    its hard if first attempt at working out. keep at it it honestly does get easier each time u do it. u will then feel happy stronger and see the results physically. keep it up its worth it
  • jelr
    jelr Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I get your are mentally exhausted. Whether you just feel you aren't getting anywhere still, or you are frustrated others you know are having more success with what you view as less efforts. This isn't about them, it is about YOU.

You want to be healthier, you want to be thinner, you want to look better, feel better, etc so you have to do the work to make your body respond.

We all have days where we are like I really just want to be a bum, don't have it in me today etc. You have two options there, call it a rest day and come back with a better attitude tomorrow determined not to let yourself fall further down, or push through and say no way in hell am I quitting. "Option 3" of giving up all together isn't an option, it's defeat, don't go there so limit yourself to options 1 & 2.
  • alejbernal
    Options
    I and 2 of my coworkers are currently on week 5 out of 6 of Shred Revolutionary Diet. Last week not only me but my 2 coworkers were feeling the emotions and stress of this diet. We were all fatigued and no motivation for workouts but we had each other to keep us going. I definately believe it is what we are eating or lack there of. Just take a breather and come back to it. You will get over this hill and look back at it with defeat.
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have workouts like this. Last week in one of my yoga classes, nothing felt comfortable: my knees were cracking with every bend, my hips were aching, my back hurt, and the whole experience was making me feel lame and very unfit. I've been 15 minutes into a 90-minute run and almost had a meltdown when a ridiculous side cramp caused me to walk...for a total of 100 metres.

Keep a realistic perspective. Less-than-stellar workouts happen and it doesn't mean it's all for naught- just that you were having an off day.