Is this new graze food delivery any good?

Options
So I have become a member of this graze website that delivers healthy foods to your door... you select what you might like etc.. quite high in calories such as nuts and seeds but is that okay? the way I see it.. its better than eating crisps or a chocolate bar for a snack

Replies

• princessrisariri
    princessrisariri Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I just signed up as well, will see if it stops me wanting to run to the vending machine for chocolate just before hometime or I just scoff it all down when I am not hungry because it is there
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of signing up too, even just for the free box to see what it is like. Will see how it goes
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I had a look and thought it was a bit pricey. I'm considering just buying a stack of nuts, seeds, olives etc and bagging them up into 100 calorie portions in sandwich bags once a week.
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    No way...it's expensive and although "healthier" than a bag of crisps and a mars bar, the box will set you back no less than 600 calories. I'll stick with my fruit and veggie sticks!
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice. i will definitely take it onboard.
  • MrsT_2009
    MrsT_2009 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I signed up for the "light" version and just got my first box last week. The stuff inside was delicious (notice I say "was", it's all gone!) and everything in mine was 100 calories or less. But the packages are very small. I don't know if it is worth $5 to me so I'm thinking of cancelling.
  • Mollyanna79
    Options
    You can choose a low calorie box. I think they're great and really look forward to my box arriving on the doorstep every Saturday. I got dried apple with toffee sauce in my box this week which, if I remember correctly, is less than 80 calories.
    Only been two weeks so far though, so we shall see.....
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Oh man... Why don't I live in the UK :-( This looks awesomely delicious, are there any plans to expand delivery to mainland Europe :-)?
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I had a look and thought it was a bit pricey. I'm considering just buying a stack of nuts, seeds, olives etc and bagging them up into 100 calorie portions in sandwich bags once a week.

Brilliant idea - thanks for the tip, I know what I will be doing when I get home !!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I used to get Graze, IMO its really good. Well portioned, really nice. I stopped having them delivered as I found I wasnt getting through them and they were starting to pile up on my desk. You can choose what you do and dont like.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Brilliant idea - thanks for the tip, I know what I will be doing when I get home !!!!

:flowerforyou:

You're welcome! I know myself well and if I don't portion things up in advance then I will eat the lot!

I do a lot of hiking and make my own trail mix in little portion bags (nuts, seeds, Cheerios etc) so I can get the energy I need without consuming 10,000 calories in one go.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I have been getting Graze boxes for over a year now.

The whole thing may add up to 600 cals (if you aren't careful about what you pick) but you aren't meant to eat the lot at once. :huh:

I have always found them to be good. If you take the time to go through and select the low cal options you can end up with some pretty decent and healthy snacks.

The only gripe I have with them is that they will always select one thing from each category - so for example, you won't get two lots of seeds in one box, you will get a portion of seeds, a portion of dried fruit, a cake, etc. That's a good method, however I am not so keen on dried fruit or nuts, so they have a habit of sending me the same things a lot.

And yes they are quite expensive (£3.98) a box, so I get one a week.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I used to have it when I lived in the UK, they had a decent vegan selection which was good. I'm sure when I go back to the UK I will restart with them.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I love them but they are too expensive for what they are! X
  • sdreed25
    sdreed25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have it and if you pick the low cal options they are about 100 calories per punnet (you get 4 in a box), lasts me a week and is therefore good value in my book. Some fairly over the top opinions on here!

If you want a free box use code ZLZP1JND
  • youngpip
    youngpip Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been getting Graze boxes for a few years now (they're not new - have been going since 2009), and they used to include fresh fruit which was great. I think they had to stop that due to supply problems though.

I get one box a week now and have one of the four punnets each day as a healthy snack. Some of the things you get are absolutely delicious.
  • Jane_1705
    Jane_1705 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Since I have been on MFP I have not eaten many of my Graze punnets as the calories content is too high. Hubby has been having them instead. They are quite high calorie in general unless you get the light options which are probably not worth the money.
  • Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I can highly recommend Graze. We get them as snacks for my husband and I which keeps both of us out of the biscuit barrel and away from the crisps. They do both 'naughty' and nice treats, as well as sweet and savory and you can choose what type of treat you want and when across the week and the price is per delivery.

If you want a healthy varied diet in moderation then its a really easy solution. We have found that the variety and cost outweighs the cost of buying any other treats for in the week - and we didn't/don't buy many anyway. The variety is a nice luxury, especially when it always arrives fresh. And as far as I can tell all of the options are already in the MFP database. The box arrives containing 4 'punnets' and comes with a leaflet on nutritional information on each so you don't need to worry about calories/nutritional content being missed out from your daily journal.

I hope you like it too if you do decide to try it! :)
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I got about 7 boxes in total when I was a member. At first I thought it was amazing (getting snacks delivered) but I eventually got fed up of it. I think its a waste of money really. You could go out and buy snacks that are just as nutritious for similar calories.
  • cattrill
    cattrill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I use them but only occasionally, like couple of times a month. I find when I get bored with all the current snacks I treat myself to these. It also helps broaden what you eat, like I now love a lot more nuts that I had never tried, simply because I didnt want to buy a massive supermarket pack. You can also go through and get rid of things you dont like (I cant stand olives!)

If anyone wants a free starter box (think you might need to be UK but not sure) use this code TXVZJ55, make your own mind up!