BINGING.. what do you guys do to get back on track?

Options
Just binged for 3 days straight. Yipes. I have a horrible cycle of binging (we're talking 4000+ calories, here, and I'm 5'5 and hang between 128-130lbs).... and this time it seems like I just can't get back on track! What do you guys do to kick back into shape with your diet?

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    jump in two feet first and get on with it!! no messing around working your way back in or anything like that!! go hard or go home!!

don't let the food beat you!! beat it twice as hard this time.

start by going to the shop and buying healthy foods! no better way of cleaning up your diet ASAP like looking at a fully stocked fridge full of green and lean meats!!

So you binged for 3 days? Psssssshhh!! so the hell what. get to the kitchen right now and knock up 3 days worth of Healthy foods and when you've ate them in 3 days time, you're back on track!!!

Boom!!!!
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I had a Mardi Gras Party this weekend and also ate way too much and drank. I did not feel good yesterday as I have not been doing this and had a wine and food hangover. Ate correct yesterday and already logged my food and exercise for day. Now I am getting ready to get on the treadmill. I know in life, this will happen and you need to get on the scale - get on the exercise routine - get on the food routine. I do NOT want to gain the weight back!! I gained almost 4 lbs this weekend but... I know this is water weight and real weight. Now is the time to get the weight back off. I have a Cajun wedding coming up mid-March and will look forward to wearing my new dress for this event. Also, I know this will happen again at that event so I will have 6 weeks to get ready!!!

Nothing tastes as good as feeling thin!!
  • susanmarnold
    Options
    Start today like the binge never happened! Eat within your caloric goal and drink a TON of water (to help flush all the "yuck" out!) and do some light exercise. Tomorrow you will feel better and even better the next day! 3 days can't kill a lifetime journey!
  • coxswainbrie
    coxswainbrie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Loving the inspiration, guys! Filled out my diary for the week with my core foods to really inspire me to eat clean... planning a workout as soon as my food settles for this afternoon.. on my third cup of green tea to really get a good cleanse and onto my 3rd litre of water. Feeling so much better. Keep the thoughts coming for each other!
  • Kellyeee2013
    Options
    "Everyone who got to where they are had to begin where they were."

I log my bad days so that it helps put it into perspective. I ate whatever I wanted this weekend knowing I had fallen off the wagon... surprisingly I did not overeat the way I would have in the past. Try to not let yourself feel deprived or hungry.
  • DemonicWombat
    DemonicWombat Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Remember, this isn't a race. We all mess up. anyone who tells you they don't is lying or perfect...and well I haven't met too many perfect people. All you can do is pick yourself up Dust away the Oreo crumbs and get back to work. Just don't beat yourself up too much. Binging is sometimes willpower and sometimes Biological.
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    jump in two feet first and get on with it!! no messing around working your way back in or anything like that!! go hard or go home!!

don't let the food beat you!! beat it twice as hard this time.

start by going to the shop and buying healthy foods! no better way of cleaning up your diet ASAP like looking at a fully stocked fridge full of green and lean meats!!

So you binged for 3 days? Psssssshhh!! so the hell what. get to the kitchen right now and knock up 3 days worth of Healthy foods and when you've ate them in 3 days time, you're back on track!!!

Boom!!!!

This. Boom. :)
  • JULIEdance
    JULIEdance Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I always try to calm down and start a new day as if the binge hasn´t happened. Start the morning with your usual breakfast, don´t skip it even if you´re not hungry and still feel not so great after the binge. The same with other meals and exercise. Do thinngs the same way you would without the binge the day before. Don´t try to compensate by lowering your calorie intake or more exercise than you´ve planned, if you feel like moving more,go for a long walk after the regular work out, give yourself time to get used to the normal routine again.
    Get rid of your favorite binge foods and everything unhealthy in general and try to avoid shopping when you feel you could slip again. Order by telefone/online/ ask someone if they would bring your groceries for you this time. If you can´t do this, make a list and don´t buy anything else. Keep yourseld busy, plan your program in advance and set times for meals as well and avoid kitchen the rest of the time.
    Water, tea, mints, gum.
    And the most important: Don´t beat yourself up for what happened, try to concentrate on the new start instead. Positive attitude and optimisme = better chances to succeed.
    You can definitely stop the binge cycle right NOW! Good luck!
  • slimster1970
    slimster1970 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't worry myself about a bad day on this road, even a few bad days. If you stick with your own programme 80% of the time you will get where you want to be.

So my advice, dust yourself down and get back on it straight away with no killing yourself with guilt.