I am new here.

Options
I am a 64 year old female.My goal is to lose 80 lbs.I have a condition called neurofibromatosis (NF) It has nothing to do with me being overweight but it does cause depression and I turn to food for comfort. I am hoping to find friends here to talk to.

Replies

• MadamUnique
    Options
    Hi,

Welcome to my fitness pal. From today that's going to change! With the motivation and support of the people on the site, I'm pretty sure you'll reach your goal of the 80 lbs to lose and start to feel great. This site isn't about dieting. Its calorie counting, so you can pretty much eat what you like.. as long as you stay within your calories. If its possible, find yourself a healthy comfort food over time.

I'm nineteen, suffer manic depression myself but instead of comfort eating. When I'm depressed I don't like to eat. But I tend to force myself too, so I don't go hungry. I've been on MFP since December (was on a previous account) and honestly its great. The people are amazing and you just need to make sure you pick the right people to be your 'friends' as there's a few evil people on here.

I'm aiming to lose around 150 lbs myself and already lost 12 since being on MFP. So it does work! Just remember that saying, slow and steady wins the race.

Another thing is..

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/calories-goal.php

is a good site to make sure your getting the RIGHT calorie amount you need to lose weight in a healthy way. The site also offers other information that's great.

I wish you luck and feel free to add me.

Much love!

-Samantha ♥
  • TashaHem
    Options
    Hi Bobbie,

Welcome! I am also new here and hoping to get jazzed about weight loss. Maybe we can take this trip together! I know about neurofibromatosis. At one point doctors thought my son might have this. He is 15 now, but a few years ago we took him into a neurologist for evaluation (he has ADHD and sensory issues), and the very smart nurse practitioner noticed he had a number of cafe au lait spots. In fact, he has 4 I think. So they mentioned this condition and we went off to the opthamologist to see if he had Lisch nodules (they couldn't find any). I still worry of course. I am sorry you have this condition. I can understand that it would be depressing. Are there support groups for it? Anyway, I guess we should all focus on things we can change, like our fitness level and nutrition. I need to stay away from sweets, which I just love! Take care, and I will be following your progress!
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    hello and good luck burning all kinds of FAT!!
  • babyk78
    babyk78 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well I am starting back with MFP again. I am determined to lose at least 40 pounds. I am a 34 year-old female that weighs about 155 at 5 foot. I am also doing weight watchers along with this, so I am really hoping I will find out what my weaknesses are. I love to workout and I have started the Insanity program and I absolutley love it! I need to make myself stick to this and log all of my food entries as well as my exercise. I will make this work for me!!
  • DemonicWombat
    DemonicWombat Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP, you'll find plenty of support here, and definitely some advice and options for choosing the right foods when you need some comfort. the forums are a great place to find inspiration and friends.
  • zoemclarnon1
    zoemclarnon1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    hiya does anyone know how to get the wee ticker to appear at the bottom
  • zoemclarnon1
    zoemclarnon1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oh never mind got it! lol

37805974.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Skiing914
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I started on MFP January 7th and have lost 2 lbs. every week like the app has set for me. This is the most awesome thing in the world to me. I wish I had this a long time ago! If you use it correctly and be honest and put everything in that you put in your mouth every day, it will help you lose!! Plus, you must start getting some cardiovascular exercise. Try to walk for 20-30 minutes every day and work your way up. The exercise works right along with eating right and will help you lose consistently. Set small goals for yourself. I have another 80 to go too! We WILL DO IT TOGETHER!!! Feel free to friend me!

EAT TO LIVE, NOT LIVE TO EAT!! :flowerforyou:
  • kurtzy66
    Options
    Hi I am new here also, and I have alot of weight to lose. I have lost 10.5lbs my first week...Yeah.. its a good start, but a long way to go, so im just going to keep chipping away at it..
  • Skiing914
    Options
    Also, I highly recommend WWW.SKINNYTASTE.COM for great low fat recipes! There are recipes in there for every occasion with all of the nutritional information to go with them! I make meals in the crock pot and then portion them out for the week.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I usually on daily.