I have returned

Options
I was a member of MFP a few months back. My mom had surgery for lung cancer March 29. For 3 weeks spending all day every day with her in the hospital, my eating habits changed drastically. I was eating fast food and grabbing anything on the run. I seemed to find 6 of the 11 lbs I had lost. To my biggest grief, I lost my mom April 19th. It has been the hardest time for me to get on with my life. I'm thinking getting back on track and exercising is the best start for me. So here goes. Wish me luck pals.
KF

Replies

• CindyWard4u
    CindyWard4u Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear of your loss. :( but it's great to have you here!
  • lab_goddess
    lab_goddess Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    All the best luck to you! I am so sorry to hear about your loss, heartbreaking. This is a great place to find support and motivation. Take good care of you!!
  • silramarie
    silramarie Posts: 8
    Options
    My condolences go out to you and your family... Your family is in my prayers!!! - Welcome back and we are all here to help & support you...
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Sorry for the loss of your mom : (

In your grief, you still know you have to take care of yourself, and the proof is that you came back. Good for you for doing that for yourself.

Wishing you luck!
  • Sandeee
    Sandeee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey, I know how you feel. My Mom passed away a few months ago. That however was the time in which I decided I needed to do things for me and my health. In this 3 months, I have lost 16 lbs, got a great haircut, whitened my teeth and am really beginning to feel good about myself. All this positive energy and exercise too seemed to help with the grief. Good luck to you.
  • doll2002
    doll2002 Posts: 427
    Options
    Welcome back to the place where motivation is in great abundance. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in the loss of your mother. You will lose those pounds back in no time. Just stick with it and the best of luck to you.
  • jackiemomx2
    jackiemomx2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. My father was dianosed w/ lung cancer in April of 2009 and passed in July. I still feel like I can't put my all into giving 100% to my weight loss and fitness because of the sadness that is still there and still so raw. Best of luck to you!
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    Sorry for your loss.

Just remember she is looking down at you and remembering you and hoping you do what is best for yourself and your loved ones.

I lost my cross country coach while I was in highschool (nothing compared to losing a mother!) but his death inspired me to try harder and always do my best.

You can do this - and perhaps exercise/eating healthy will help you with your grief. Endorphins are wonderful...
  • AlexandraNK
    AlexandraNK Posts: 54
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I just lost my mother about a year and 1/2 ago to cancer and I know how hard it can be.
    I'm so impressed that you are able to take control back of your food and life so well. Good luck and I'm sure you can do it. Just let your self have the time to deal witht e emotions of your loss.
    Sending you love and positive vibes. :heart:
  • 30togomoveit
    30togomoveit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sorry to read about your loss. I lost my Mom to lung cancer 15 yrs ago.

Good luck to you and your journey!
  • Loulouslim
    Loulouslim Posts: 29
    Options
    What a terrible time you have had and yes unfortunately food can be a great comfort. But I am sure your mum is looking down spuring you on to be fit and healthy

I have only been on this site a few weeks, but everyone is so helpful and friendly - the support is here

Good luck

Luisa
    Kent, England
  • 30togomoveit
    30togomoveit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I think these boards are much more supportive than the ones I used to visit (or I should say I visit them less often b/c of finding these). Very supportive/positive here! Just what I need! :tongue:
  • trkoala
    trkoala Posts: 8
    Options
    I totally understand the evils of the hospital. I had lost 4.5 lbs and then was with my dad for almost 4 weeks at the hospital and then rehab. I gained every lb back and then some I believe. I am hoping that now that I am back in my normal routine that I can get back on track and really think about preparing myself for when things go haywire.

Hang in there and good for you for getting back on track yourself!