Juice Reboots

Options
I was just wondering if anyone on here has had experience with using fresh juice as a "reboot". Was it difficult to stay with? What kind of side effects were there? I've heard some people have headaches, tiredness and dizzyness. Was it very expensive to buy that much fruit and veg each week? Thank you in advance.

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if anyone on here has had experience with using fresh juice as a "reboot". Was it difficult to stay with? What kind of side effects were there? I've heard some people have headaches, tiredness and dizzyness. Was it very expensive to buy that much fruit and veg each week? Thank you in advance.

yes.
    the kind they warn about.
    yes if you buy out of season.

You can do all raw for a few days, then all juice for 3-5. Then all raw again for a few days. That's as much as I think anyone will tell you is probably harmless.

Personally, I'd recommend (tho I'm not an expert) people interested in juicing try it for just 24 hours. All fresh vegies with some fruit. See how they do without chewing food. See how their stomach and head feel. I try to drink fresh juice every day when I can get fruit for cheap or at the end of the week when my vegies are starting to wilt.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Juice isn't going to "reboot" anything and you need to eat the fiber that comes with fruits and veggies to aid in digestion instead of throwing it out.
  • blood6338
    blood6338 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Check out the movie Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead although I suspect you may have already seen it since you used the term "Reboot".
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

What exactly are you trying to reboot? Just starting eating whole foods.
  • JamMarie1987
    JamMarie1987 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Check out the movie Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead although I suspect you may have already seen it since you used the term "Reboot".

Yes I have seen the movie. But I'm not looking to go for as long as he did. Have you followed what he did, or something similar?