on 30ds do we have days off

Options
im just wondering to get the best results do i need to take rest days or do i just do the whole 30days?

Replies

• sbjmorgan
    sbjmorgan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    For your muscles, yeah, you might want to take a rest day... but I do not know if you include them in the count or not.
  • kdkyzer
    kdkyzer Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I don't do the Shred on weekends. I run on Saturdays, though, and take Sunday as a rest day, or active rest like yard work or golf or something like that. I find that I start back on Mondays ready to Shred again, and stronger than on the previous Friday.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    You should take rest days.
  • catchingraindrops17
    Options
    I do 3 days of the 30 DS, one day off and do just walking and/or yoga for my workout to help my muscles heal and get rid of extra soreness. Then back to 3 days of it! Takes a bit longer to complete the actual 30 days, but I'm not looking to get any injuries.
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I take weekends off but am still doing each level for 10 days.
  • JFP77
    JFP77 Posts: 50
    Options
    oh yeah i wouldnt count rest days as my 30 but thank you all for your advice i had heard of quite a few just doing the entire 30 and no rest and wasnt sure what was the best way to go think i will go for 6 days on and have sunday as a rest day that way i will finish before a trip to visit my in laws as i would feel too self conscious doing it at their home and wouldnt want a 9day gap before finishing the programme thanks everyone :)

any advice for helping with aches and pains is appreciated i have been using a hot water bottle on my knees at night and i always make sure i stretch properly
  • mrfrodogetdown
    mrfrodogetdown Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Stretch and take a hot bath. Soreness will more or less be gone in about a week.
  • JFP77
    JFP77 Posts: 50
    Options
    thats brilliant thanks so much i needed to hear that :)