At Home & Outdoor Exercise IDEAS (no gym required!)

Options
Looking to share and find ideas for at home or outdoor work outs (also known as FREE!)

I love the gym but frankly would rather spend my money on things like shoes, wine and pretty bedspreads. I know lots of people have little tricks to doing things at home and I think it would be great to get a thread going so that everyone can share!

This time of year (in Canada anyway) its snowy and slushy and ICY outside, which makes beginning or maintaining a running routine really difficult.

What I like to do:

- yoga (I used "Pocket Yoga" on my iPad)
- dancing to old school pop music (not kidding)
- running up as many flights of stairs in my apartment building as I can handle (which is a super great work out!)

SHARE YOUR IDEAS!

Replies

• jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I prefer home exercise. I use Fitness Blender alot.
  • cnjazvac
    Options
    Tell me more! What is that?
  • broomnic
    broomnic Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    mix it up: dvd's, dancing, skipping, press ups, tricep dips, sit ups, loads of stuff on youtube to follow too :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Nike Training Club is a free app for smart phones - heaps of great workouts from 15 to 45 minutes.
  • emchip1983
    Options
    i do leslie sansone walk a mile . its brill also bech body mom work outs on you tube x
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I really like the BOSU ball...lots of stuff you can do with that thing. It's doing a serious number on my core. It can't replace the gym for me though..I love to lift, and I don't have the equipment I need at home to do it the way I want to do it...maybe someday. I'd love to convert my garage into a nice home gym.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Hula hoop
    Wii games - ok, that one was expensive up front, but the only days it goes unused are when we are out of the house all day
    Resistance bands
    Balance ball