Vinegar / Green Tea?

Options
Hello,

Has anyone else tried having a glass of water with vinegar in before eating a meal or tried drinking green tea regularly to lose weight? If so, has it worked?

Thanks!!

Replies

• looopyloops
    looopyloops Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I had an aunt who swore by drinking a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar a day, not sure if it helps or now but have heard others talk about it and am interested in getting more info as well
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Neither of those things is going to help you lose weight.

While there are some variables at play in terms of macronutriet breakdown, the health of your intestinal flora etc the only way to lose weight is to consistently burn more calories than you consume.

There is no magic pill, no magic drink that will undo the overeating that leads to weight gain.

Sorry if that seems harsh, but it's the truth. Nothing in life worth having can be attained without hard work and a certain amount of pain.
  • ChristinaK69
    Options
    Vinegar is good for you. It balances out your ph levels in your body! I've never tried it for weight loss though
  • cmulligan101
    Options
    I have also heard a lot about drinking the water with vinegar, but not sure if it works or not. A friend of mine swears by a warm glass of water and lemon juice every morning on an empty stomach,
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Neither of those things is going to help you lose weight.

While there are some variables at play in terms of macronutriet breakdown, the health of your intestinal flora etc the only way to lose weight is to consistently burn more calories than you consume.

There is no magic pill, no magic drink that will undo the overeating that leads to weight gain.

Sorry if that seems harsh, but it's the truth. Nothing in life worth having can be attained without hard work and a certain amount of pain.

^^^^^This! There is miracle food/ drink/ supplement out there that's going to make you lose weight. It's all about calories in v. calories out!
  • selina_kyle
    selina_kyle Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to drink acv 2 tbsp a day. It's horrible stuff. I'm not doing it for weight loss though; it's supposed to have beneficial skin effects. Also supposedly vinegar can curb your appetite. It worked for Lord Byron but it doesn't have that effect on me.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Drinking green tea and drinking water are both good things. Chances are, these methods may have been seen as effective because you are drinking a liquid before eating. The liquid makes you feel full because of the space it takes up in your stomach which causes you to eat less. I don't know a whole lot about the vinegar method, except that it tastes bad alone so it can act as an appetite suppressant. So sure, go for it!
  • brownshuga30
    brownshuga30 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have heard about warm water and vingegar but no sure how it helps.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Vinegar is good for you. It balances out your ph levels in your body! I've never tried it for weight loss though

This^^^and green tea tastes good...but other than that, they don't do anything in RE to actual weight/fat loss. There is no magic unfortunately.
  • benflando
    Options
    I would give a definite yes to green tea. It's a great alternative to coffee drinkers and people looking for extra energy in the morning. I also use it as a pre workout. Give a great pump with vascularity.
  • tarranp
    Options
    I was more thinking as an aid to helping shift weight as my calorie intake has decreased dramatically and I am getting in exercise but not seeing huge results. It's probably a lot healthier to drink Green Tea than your average tea / coffee though.

I wonder how Chai Tea compares to Green Tea...
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I was more thinking as an aid to helping shift weight as my calorie intake has decreased dramatically and I am getting in exercise but not seeing huge results. It's probably a lot healthier to drink Green Tea than your average tea / coffee though.

I wonder how Chai Tea compares to Green Tea...

Green Tea is healthy and hydrating but it does not have any miracle properties that will result in weight 'shift' or loss, same is true for vinegar. There are lot's of healthy choices out there that do a body good....but you won't get a miracle weight loss result.