Replies

• green022
    green022 Posts: 115
    Options
    NO ONE??
  • slimster1970
    slimster1970 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Signed up for Edinburgh in September as my first one.
  • JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have
  • tnorkus
    Options
    i've done other mud runs but not Spartan Race. Signed up for one in Brooklyn for June. Got a Rugged Maniac on the schedule too. they're a blast.
  • green022
    Options
    Signed up for one in may just trying to hear some feedback from ppl who have done one
  • green022
    Options
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I signed up for one but to be honest I am chickening out!
  • tnorkus
    tnorkus Posts: 45
    Options
    So... I did a Spartan Sprint in June and it was one of the hardest races I've done. partly because of the terrain- it was at a ski slope, partly because of the obstacles(lack adequate upper body strength) and partly because my running partner(girlfriend) quickly became an unwilling participant about 1/2 mile into the 4 mile course.
    I would do it again but either alone or with a different group.
    I've done Warrior Dash (2 big thumbs up) and Rugged Maniac (meh) this summer as well.

Have Run For Your Lives Zombie run in a little over a week and that will be it for mud runs until next year.

Just do it. They are a lot of fun!!
  • gwangjujulie
    Options
    I'm doing the Spartan race in Seoul, South Korea, this Sunday, I'm equal parts excited and terrified!
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I've done a Spartan Sprint and the Spartan at Fenway. They're an awesome race! I've done a lot of different obstacle races and I've found Spartan and Tough Mudder to be the two companies that are worth the money if you're looking for something that will challenge you.

One word, BURPEES. Learn them, love them.... resign yourself to doing a few sets of 30 at a time. My first race I ended up doing 5 sets of 30 burpees. They have the rule, if you don't complete an obstacle you have to do 30 burpees before you can continue on. And they only get one chance to complete the obstacle (I fell off the monkey bars, the verticle wall, the rope, the posts, and I can't throw a spear to save my life). My second race was done because I needed to conquer the rope and the wall... which I did! This next season coming up I'm planning on doing the Super Spartan and the Spartan Beast. I'm hooked!!!

AROO!