Calories burnt during weight lifting

Options
I was curious as to how I can find out an estimate on how many calories I burn after I work out...I can find the ones for elliptical which I do for 35 mins a day but then I rotate Upperbody and Lowerbody days and didn't how to figure my calories for those......

Replies

• 72elkiedude
    72elkiedude Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just found this website http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    With MFP you have to add it as Cardio w/ the time you spend doing it.
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    What is the difference between adding weight lifting to strength training and to cardio? I thought weights were mainly an anaerobic activity so they shouldn't be counted as cardio - am I wrong?
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    alot of people do "cardio with weights" so it's really just cardio with a bit of increased resistance. It's in no way shape or form strength training though and this is where people get confused.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM while strength training and record the calories burned under Cardio on here, because the Strength section doesn't allow calories. I burned a little over 300 calories doing 30 minutes of strength training yesterday, and was in my appropriate heart rate zone for 25 of the minutes. That was much better than the 8 minutes I was in the zone during my 25 minute bike ride home.
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    to the original post, you need a hrm if you want accurate cal counts from your strength training. There isn't a magic formula that will get close enough IMO. Every lift is different for each individual.
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I put it under circuit training or cardio depending on how I move. I dont know if its right but thats how I do it.