My First NSV!

Options
Hey guys,

I started trying to eat healthier and lose weight on 7th Jan, and so far I've lost 15lbs (4lbs since being on MFP), but I was getting slightly disheartened as I wasn't seeing any difference, and no-one seemed to notice. Today, however, I was putting on my belt when I noticed I could do it up tighter than before, by two holes, so I guess I've definitely lost a bit around my stomach. So I'm feeling pretty happy and motivated again! :D

Replies

• caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    That's great! Nothing like an NSV like that to relight the fires.
  • maoliver1024
    maoliver1024 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful.......:smile:
  • Poetic_Photography
    Options
    That's a great & motivating NSV! :smile:
  • MsJayeKaye
    MsJayeKaye Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV! Keep up the great work. :flowerforyou:
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Moving a belt over 1 notch is a NSV but moving it over 2 is beyond great!

Remember, most people don't see a difference until you've lost 10% of your body weight...but it's not what they see that makes a difference it is how you feel. Keep this up for the long term. Keep it up til you can see differences in your energy level, the radiance in your skin the difference in your hair...lots of things change for the better besides just the number on the scale!

Congratulations on your successes so far and I wish you well in your journey!
  • morf13
    morf13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

I started trying to eat healthier and lose weight on 7th Jan, and so far I've lost 15lbs (4lbs since being on MFP), but I was getting slightly disheartened as I wasn't seeing any difference, and no-one seemed to notice. Today, however, I was putting on my belt when I noticed I could do it up tighter than before, by two holes, so I guess I've definitely lost a bit around my stomach. So I'm feeling pretty happy and motivated again! :D

I have lost only 17 pounds,but when I started,I was on the 2nd belt notch from the end,getting ready to go to the last one. Now,I am on the 4th notch,and it feels like I could soon go to the 5th notch. I do not see a huge difference in myself,but the notches on the belt are proving the weight loss is happening.

Keep at it, every once in a while, you can go to another notch and eventually, treat yourself to a new wardrobe as a reward to yourself
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the smaller waist! I personally feel that those kinds of victories are much more important than the number on the scale.

As far as no one else noticing, people who see you every day just aren't going to notice weight change very easily. The person who is first going to say something to you is someone who hasn't seen you in awhile. Even then, people are sometimes hesitant to ask because they worry they might be wrong and offend you.

Of course, sometimes people just don't notice changes at all, no matter how obvious. Case in point, I started wearing contacts last week. Not a single person who didn't know I was making the change from glasses to contacts has said anything to me about it. Not one.
  • letbc
    letbc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • morf13
    morf13 Posts: 151 Member
    Options

As far as no one else noticing, people who see you every day just aren't going to notice weight change very easily. The person who is first going to say something to you is someone who hasn't seen you in awhile. Even then, people are sometimes hesitant to ask because they worry they might be wrong and offend you.

Don't know about everybody else here,but it will be nice when people start ssaying to me "boy you have lost some weight" instead of "boy you really got fat", which is what happens to me often :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!