New here and New mommy...Looking for motivating friends

Options
Hi
My son was born in September and I really want to loose this baby weight and be able to fit back into my clothes again. Im tired of living in leggings and sweats. I miss my closet and my high heels,theres no point in opening my closet since nothing fits yet.
I work full time and its not that Im making excuses but I really dont have anytime to work out. This week I started using my 1 hour lunch break to walk and hopefully soon jogg around the neighborhood. Its the only solution to add a workout during the day.
Maybe if you guys can share some meal ideas :)
Thanx and anyone who can relate to me,add me. I think it will be easier for me to reach my goal weight with some good motivation friends :)

Replies

• twins_plus_one
    twins_plus_one Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had a little one in November and I've just about worn a hole in my tights and maternity jeans. I refuse to buy actual pants for this lovely new body :). How much are you looking to lose?
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    It will happen. The first year is the hardest. It took me about 6 months to get back to my original weight after my 2nd was born. It was about a year after that I really cleaned up my diet and got healthy. I also work full time with two children (3&7). I am in maintenance mode but happy to support. Feel free to add me if you want a friend who has been there and successfully made it back... Well I am actually 20 lbs and two sizes smaller than before I had kids:-). It can be done.
  • solongchubs
    Options
    I had a baby a little over a year ago and was finally loosing the weight when we did a kitchen reno and had to live off of microwave dinners and take out for 4 months! i'm struggling to find the control I once had with food. I feel like I'm so busy that I deserve snacks here and there and that's not helping! I just downloaded this today and hoping to find support. I fit into my former fat-time jeans, and that's about it. Most of my wardrobe is just not fitting. Sorry to rant so much!
  • Fitmom4boys
    Fitmom4boys Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am sure you've heard this but it took 9 month to put it on and it will take just about that to get it off...enjoy every minute of your sweet new baby...my yougest ( and 4th son) is already 2 and it really does go by fast...
    Buut totallly appreciate the motivatin to ditch the leggings! Sounds like y are on the right track with excercising at lunch, and joining mfp...it will take time but it will come off... I lost that baby weight 4 times over...and yep, in better shape now than before the first one was born 15 years ago :)
    Working full time and beong a mommy is hard work....but so worth it
  • silroxxx
    silroxxx Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    lol same here.
    I need to loose 30lbs to be back to my pre-preg weight! :)
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the baby. I am a single mother of two kids. I will be more then happy to motivate you. Feel free to add me.
  • JenS2586
    Options
    hey, i had twins 15months ago and now im preggo again, due in may. i lost the weight but then gained 10lbs back before i got pregnant again so as soon as this ones born ill have some work to do. u can add me if u like, the more motivational support the better!
  • TammyKeaten
    TammyKeaten Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I will send you a friend request. I have two munchkins and an in-home daycare. I workout while the kids color or I wait until my hubby gets home at night and he gets them dinner while I do Turbo Fire or 30 DS. You can do it! I am learning that it takes time but consistency is the key and be sure to drink lots of water!