small changes definitely make a difference :]

Options
hello all! my success right now isn't huge or anything, but that's okay. i'm only halfway to my first goal by having lost what i thought was just 5 measly pounds. well i was wrong! while celebrating a friends birthday yesterday, i saw a few friends who i haven't seen in about 2 months, and every single one of them commented on "have you lost weight?" and mentioned how good i'm already looking! i think it's always nice when other people can notice things things like that when i can't yet, and i find it super motivating and makes me feel like i'm doing a great job! once my clothes stop fitting though then i'll really be seeing it for my own self :] hope everyone else has these feel good moments as well. keep the the great work everyone! :]

Replies

• 4me2sibiai
    4me2sibiai Posts: 71
    Options
    That is HUGE and SOOOO exciting that at 5 lbs you are already getting a physical change enough for people to notice! Keep it going and have patience.
  • mirgss
    mirgss Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    5 lbs does make a difference! It can be hard to see the changes in yourself, especially when you can scrutinize yourself in the mirror every day. Congrats! :)
  • jienelle
    jienelle Posts: 29
    Options
    5 lbs is great! I went to the local exploritorium and they had a body fat exhibit. 5 lbs doesn't seem like a lot - but when you see what it actually looks like - trust me it's a big deal.

Use the encouragement from your friends to keep motivating you. Nothing is better than having your hard work noticed!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    (¯`*•.¸,¤°´`°¤,¸.•*´¯)I know the feeling!!! And I also want to mention that sometimes we just lose inches and not nessasarily pounds and still people can see a difference. My hubby is working out and at first I kept telling him his belly was looking SO much smaller but he didn't believe because he hadn't lost anything. But one day our 4 year old said out of the blue..."Daddy why is your belly going away?" If a 4 yr old can notice it must be true, before that he would always say that he didnt' believe me. It was sweet!

As for me I have recently lost an additional 6 pounds and I feel different. It is very motivational and keeps me going! You can do this and it is so rewarding...good luck!!! (¯`*•.¸,¤°´`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
  • sotonguetied
    Options
    thank you everyone!! all the support on this sight is greatly appreciated :]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!