What is the best blender to purchase?

Options
I'm thinking of purchasing a blender to blend my veggies and fruits and to help me make nutritious meals. What is the best blender to purchase under $125?

Replies

• Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I don't know if its under $125- but a Vitamix is one of the best ones out there. A lot of smoothie places and restaurants use them because they are powerful and hold up.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    I have the Ninja Professional Master Prep. It combines the features of a traditional blender, a foot processor and a stick blender all in one set.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Oster Beehive is simple, powerful, and relatively inexpensive.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Vitamix is much more than $125, but is the best there is (as far as i know)
  • maurpix
    Options
    Nutribullit, had it for almost 2 months now and use it 2 to 3 times per day. Super easy to use and really quick to clean. Love it! and only $99
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I don't know if its under $125- but a Vitamix is one of the best ones out there. A lot of smoothie places and restaurants use them because they are powerful and hold up.
    Vitamix is the shiz!!! -- at $350 - 600
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/oster-6878-blender-16-speed?ID=218344&CategoryID=7554&LinkType=#fn=ELECTRICS_TYPE=Blender&sp=1&spc=65 This Oster 16 speed blender is the one I have. I love it, especially the larger food processor attachment.
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    i LOVE my Hamilton Beach hand/wand blender. Super for making smoothies and shakes, lasts a long time adn super easy to clean up.

love it!
  • ineedGod
    ineedGod Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    The nutribullet is a great one. I got one for Christmas and I love it. It comes with a great book with all kinds of juice recipes for whatever areas you want to work on. It also comes with 2 other smaller pamphlet-guide books, 3 juicing "jars", 2 lids, 2 different types of blades, one for juice-extracting and one for millng nuts, etc.. if you desire. They're between $99 & $125. Super easy to clean & use. I've been using mine since the first of January, and I've lost 14 lbs. , just by adding in juices.... after about 3 to 5 days you stop craving most of the junk that we crave, as your body is getting the proper nutrients.
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I like the Ninja blenders. I hope to get one sometime. I used to use one at my old job.
  • taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I own a Vitamix.....I love it. I highly recommend it.
  • candace21st
    Options
    Ninja!!!! the best by far. Its amazing
  • kevkelly15
    Options
    NINJA....for sure
  • bowser625
    bowser625 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on how you want to use it. For under $30, I bought an Oster My Blender. It's the size of a sports water bottle. I use it to make my post-workout smoothies. It's perfect for single serve and VERY easy on the cleanup!
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Oster Beehive is simple, powerful, and relatively inexpensive.

Seconded! I love mine and use it near daily, i use two cups of ice along with frozen fruit in my smoothies, and it powers through it all without bogging.

I bought it at wal-mart for $59.
  • CottonCandyKisses
    CottonCandyKisses Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have the Ninja Professional Master Prep. It combines the features of a traditional blender, a foot processor and a stick blender all in one set.

I'm just stuck on the part that you have a "foot" processor. Hehe.
    Anyways, we have a Ninja--It's pretty nice.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I use a wand blender mostly too. Great for liquidising homemade soups straight in the pan you've cooked them in. Easy to clean too.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

I have a vitamix. It's a great blender!
  • LexThaSongbyrd
    LexThaSongbyrd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    The nutribullet is a great one. I got one for Christmas and I love it. It comes with a great book with all kinds of juice recipes for whatever areas you want to work on. It also comes with 2 other smaller pamphlet-guide books, 3 juicing "jars", 2 lids, 2 different types of blades, one for juice-extracting and one for millng nuts, etc.. if you desire. They're between $99 & $125. Super easy to clean & use. I've been using mine since the first of January, and I've lost 14 lbs. , just by adding in juices.... after about 3 to 5 days you stop craving most of the junk that we crave, as your body is getting the proper nutrients.

THIS! You want a product that will completely blend and liquify whatevery you put in your smoothie...with no traces left behind. That is the best way to make sure you are consuming all the nutrients available. I ADORE my Nutribullet. In stores (Wal-Mart, Target, etc), it's $100 but I'm not sure if it comes with the big book. From the company, you can order and pay $120 or do 6 easy payments of $20 (they still mail it out right away after ordering).
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of the Health Master. It is fantastic!