GNC Lean shake?

Options
Hey everyone, I'm tempted to but a container of GNC Lean Shake protein powder. Does anyone currently use this? Does it keep you full/satisfied for awhile?

Thanks

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Are you planning on using it as a meal replacement?

I would suggest using regular protein powder... they tend to have more protein than the lean shakes (although I'm not super familar with the GNC stuff). Protein powder found in regular grocery stores will most likely give you more for less money.
  • dlrosen
    Options
    okay thank you, I will check out the nearest grocery store and see if there is better options
  • Denisse210
    Denisse210 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Im on lean shake (cookies n cream flavor) and its delicious, calories are not bad if u use water, and it keeps me full for about 3-4 hrs. I also notice that depending on how busy im at work, it reflects how fast I get hungry.
  • kiannarb
    kiannarb Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i am currently using the GNC lean protien shake. I have the vanilla bean. I usually blend it with a glass of sugar fee juice and frozen fruit. If I have it after a workout, it tends to last a lot less than if I use it as a meal replacement.
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I like the chocolate one. I like it as a meal replacement for breakfast. It does tide me over until lunch. However, the instructions tell you use it in a 1500 calorie meal plan. they tell you to drink it and eat something with it like fruit, etc. and then eat snacks. It tides me over for breakfast, but I have never been able to replace two meals with it. I would rather have a real meal for lunch and dinner and one snack than to drink the shake, eat fruit with it and extra snacks to stay full. You will still be at 1500 calories regardles.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I do acatully, this is my 4 days of it.Ihave the french vanilla one and add water ,I choose to not ad milk because it would increase the calories .I take one shake every morning for breakfast and I stay full for quite a while.I exercise 3 times a week with cardio aerobics at home and jogging in place ,jumping jacks dancing U use a timer to keep track of time and walking when I can.

I like it so far and it tastes okay I havent tried chocolate becuase I dont care much for chocolate shakes to begin with bu bannan or strawberry maybe.

I dont seem to have any side effects so far ,Im sensitive to caffine,aspartame, mosyt artificail sweeteners but not splenda or sucralose that is the last ingerdient in this shake by the way.

Id reccomend it and I have lost about a pound on it so far,.and its suppose to help with lean muscle which is what I want because Im a woman.

Id say try it out if you don't like it even if just the flavor return it, I got mine at GNC recently .
  • dlrosen
    Options
    Thanks everyone! All of your comments have been very helpful!
  • hampstenj
    hampstenj Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I tried the Total Lean 25, as it has 25 grams of protein per shake, it's not too bad in cookies and cream flavor, usually add water to it but today I decided to try it with organic milk for the calorie addon and it tastes really good, I recommend it, but I'll try some of the different whey protein mixes too
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    i tried the Vanilla. Good ****!