Haven't changed what I eat, just how much.

Options
I have lost about 8 lbs in the last month just by portion control. I still eat pizza (I work at a pizza shop), sandwiches, pasta, and today I ate some doughnuts, but I always take care to net 1200 calories. I'm glad I'm losing weight this way, but I'm wondering if it's healthy and if the weight will actually stay off? I haven't been excersizing much (I plan to start once I get over this bug I've got) but so far I've lost all the weight via eating less. Is this the right way to go?

Replies

• pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Everyone has to start somewhere.
    Portion control is important so that's a great step you've made but you asked if eating pizza, pasta & doughnuts is healthy & will keep the weight off & the answer is no. Even in correct portions. No one can eat like that & continue to lose weight AND be healthy.

Establishing nutritious food choices will help to BE HEALTHY, I'm not talking just weight loss here. If you want long term success I feel a varied diet is important. Healthy fats, complex carbs, protein & fruits/veggies.

Good luck!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I am determined to prove that portion control and exercise work. Good for you and your accomplishment.
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Same here and I feel great. I dont need to eat like a bunny rabbit to lose weight, skinny people enjoy pizza, pasta, donuts, ice cream, candy, and anything else you can think of. You are making a lifestyle change and I think its all about moderation. Certainly healthy fats are better than others but nobody should cut something out that they enjoy.

Thats my opinion, if I started eating salad all day and didnt allow myself to enjoy a cup of chocolate pudding, I would say **** this weight loss thing.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    It did work for me short term and then I had to take a closer look at it. Better to start making gradual changes now I reckon. You can still have a slice or two of pizza once a week, but generally eat better. I think 80/20 is a good rule. 20% treat (treat don't always have to be bad for you) and 80% good clean and healthy eating.

Zara.