Egg Banana "Pancakes"

Options
jessmart83
jessmart83 Posts: 283 Member
I was searching the web for a new recipe for breakfast and stumbled across this. Its so easy! 2 ingredients!

1 mashed up banana
6 Tbsp liquid egg whites

Mix the 2 ingredients until frothy, put a tad of oil in your pan, cook like a pancake!
They get fluffy and look just like regular pancakes for roughly 156 cals for the whole bowl depending on how big of a banana you use.

Replies

• nwachim
    nwachim Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    sounds nice,ll try it
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I really didn't like them...just tasted like eggs mixed with banana.
  • jesslintch
    jesslintch Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    These are pretty good, I just always have a problem with the consistency (runny). I recommend adding the egg a little at a time to get it right.
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Do this with a whole egg, I bet the texture is better, I fry with a bit of coconut oil..very very yummy
  • ajourney2beme
    ajourney2beme Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    So good right? I discovered this last week and did 1/2 banana, 1 egg, 1tbsp almond butter - cook as 4-6 small rounds so they cook all the way through. Top with some agave for syrup and I feel like I'm eating pancakes :)
  • Showmm
    Showmm Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I've made them before. They look like pancakes but they don't taste anything like pancakes, they just look the part. They taste nice, just not pancake-y. And flipping them over can be a real challenge sometimes, I've ended up with quite a few that were more scrambled egg and banana than pancake looking. Still, it's nice for something different for breakfast, give them a go!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    that sounds AMAZING!!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I made these recently and thought they were gross. I put a cup of rolled oats in with them in the blender and made my batter that way, much better.
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Replace your banana with a cup of cauliflower and you have a pizza
  • Amorgan99
    Options
    A friend of mine told me she does whole grain oats, egg whites and cottage cheese then mixes in a blender and they make great "pancakes." I haven't tried it yet, but plan to soon! Has anyone tried this variation?
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    This is a banana omelet...fruit-based omelets do not sound very appetizing...
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    This is a banana omelet...fruit-based omelets do not sound very appetizing...

Yeah, and omlete by any other name is still an omlete.

However, am not opposed to a fruity omlette, as I recall I really liked my eggs with jelly when I was 5.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    that is not a pancake. Why even bother, if you're not going to drown it in maple syrup?
  • guidedbystarlight
    Options
    I usually make them with one large banana , 2 whole eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla.

Personally,I think they're delicious and I enjoy the texture a lot more than regular pancakes(which I cannot stand tbh).
  • mznortiz
    mznortiz Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    this is some nasty .....
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine told me she does whole grain oats, egg whites and cottage cheese then mixes in a blender and they make great "pancakes." I haven't tried it yet, but plan to soon! Has anyone tried this variation?

Yes, this is the variation I use instead of the egg/banana mixture. We love love love them. We top them with blueberries and blue agave. We have even had them for brinner recently (brinner, breakfast for dinner)
  • lisa483
    lisa483 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I made these last night but whole eggs, 2 eggs 1 banana, they were yummy :0))
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Replace your banana with a cup of cauliflower and you have a pizza

This made me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I made these with whole eggs before. They taste like the bananaomelette they are. Gross doesn't even begin to cover it.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    i don't like the sound of it tasting like eggs and fruit. think i might try it, only with some vanilla whey