Dinner tonight at local restaurant (no nutrition info).

Options
Can anyone help me figure out what might be good to order? I'm mainly concerned with calories although I am also trying to watch my sodium due to HBP.

Edit to remove too long menu. Basically it is Greek food. Any suggestions?

Replies

• deniseandjelich
    deniseandjelich Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Can anyone help me figure out what might be good to order? I'm mainly concerned with calories although I am also trying to watch my sodium due to HBP.

Menu Selections that I would eat:

Greek Spanakopeta
    Evgolemenon Soup
    A blend of chicken broth, eggs, lemon & orzo, served in a garlic bread bowl.
    Homemade Soup of the Day
    Famous Greek Salad!
    Hearts of iceberg lettuce, firm ripe tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, green peppers, Spanish onions, radishes, celery,
    imported black Greek olives, and Greek feta cheese. Personally prepared by Mayor Blastos & served with hot, crusty garlic
    bread.
    Topped with breast of chicken, Athenian, julienne

Served with tossed salad or soup of the day, hot roll, and your choice of pasta, baked potato, french fries, vegetable, or rice pilaf.
    Baked Chicken Hunter
    Twin breasts covered with fresh veggies & provolone cheese.
    Chicken Francais
    Twin breasts, dipped in egg batter, sautéed in a delicate lemon sauce.
    Maple Walnut Crusted Chicken
    Walnut crusted twin breasts sautéed in maple syrup.
    Chicken Marsala
    Twin breasts sautéed in a marsala wine, mushroom cream sauce.
    Char Grilled Sirloin Steak
    14 oz., served with onion rings.
    Black Diamond Steak 12 oz.

Chef’s Salad, The critic’s choice!
    julienne strips of imported Danish ham, breast of turkey, & Swiss cheese. Topped with a hard boiled egg and served with
    a French roll.
    Caesar’s Salad
    Crisp romaine lettuce & garlic croutons tossed with shredded parmesan cheese and rich, creamy Caesar’s dressing.
    Served with a hot, crusty roll.
    Topped with blackened Cajun chicken breast.
    Vegetarian Salad
    Make it a vegetarian by adding provolone, Swiss, & American cheeses, sliced mushrooms, broccoli crowns, zucchini,
    summer squash, & a boiled egg. Served with hot pita bread.

Melitzanes
    Fried eggplant slices, tzaziki sauce.
    Dolmathes
    Grape leaves stuffed with seasoned hamburg & rice, evgolemenon sauce.

Greek Lamb & String Beans
    Tender morsels of lamb are simmered with whole green beans in a traditional Greek sauce.
    Rigatoni Athenian
    Rigatoni covered with cinnamon, Romano cheese, & browned butter.
    Keftethes
    Greek meatballs in cinnamon tomato sauce over Rigati.
    Chicken Souvlakia over Rice Pilaf
    Two skewers of marinated chicken, tomato, mushrooms, peppers, & onions are char grilled.

These three are listed as "Lighter Fare"
    Mediterranean Pizza
    White pizza with fresh veggies & feta.
    Keftetha Burger
    Greek hamburger, lettuce, tomato, & french fries.
    Authentic Greek Gyro
    Lamb or chicken.

Italian favorites served with Antipasto or soup of the day, hot, crusty garlic bread, and your choice of spaghettini, rigatoni, angel hair, linguine, or fettuccine.
    Baked Lasagna
    Chicken Parmigiana
    Topped with marinara sauce & bubbly, brown provolone cheese.
    Fresh Vegetable Primavera
    Sautéed fresh vegetables in a rich, cream sauce.
    Artichoke Hearts & Breast of Chicken, Alfredo
    Spaghettini with Meatballs, Sausage, Chicken, or Marinara

Pub Chicken Burger
    A 6 oz. breast of chicken is char grilled or fried.
    Grilled Chicken Burger, Athenian
    A 6 oz. breast is marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, onions, & oregano, char grilled & served with crumbled
    feta cheese on a garlic toasted bun.
    The Hot Mexican Chicken Burger
    Char grilled 6 oz. breast of chicken marinated in a hot sauce, and served with salsa, & sour cream.
    The Club
    Heaps of turkey, bacon, tomatoes, lettuce. Onion rings or fries.
    Danish Ham & Swiss Cheese
    Grilled in the bread of your choice.
    Grilled Cheese
    With bacon or Tomato
    The Italian Grinder
    Imported Genoa salami (or ham, turkey, or beef), provolone cheese, sweet peppers, onions, lettuce, pickles, and tomatoes
    are piled high on a hot, crispy Grinder roll complimented with our famous Italian dressing.
    Grinders ~ Your Choice!
    Hot Italian Meatballs, Chicken Parmigiana, Eggplant Parmigiana or Zesty Hot Italian Sausage & Peppers, covered with
    provolone cheese, and baked 'til bubbly, golden brown. $
    Wrap It Your Way
    Choose rare roast beef, breast of turkey, imported Danish ham, or the special "wrap" of the day and add cheddar cheese,
    black olives, onions, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, lettuce, and bistro sauce and "wrap" it in a flour tortilla.

Look up the book, "Eat This not That"
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Sorry, but I'm not about to read all of that. Pick something that isn't fried, covered in cheese or a pile of pasta and be done with it. We all know what foods are healthy and which ones aren't. Don't eat a pile of bread, if offered, have a salad and pick a protein veggie dish. If you're this stressed about going out perhaps you shouldn't.
  • BookwomanTerri
    Options
    Sorry. I tried to format it to make it read a bit better but that format didn't post. This is my first topic posted - sorry to annoy. I've only been on here three weeks and I've done OK eating out at places where I can find info online. I'm still learning how to make good choices when I don't have that info and thought some help might be available here.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Ummmm....Eat what you want to eat, enjoy it, and move on. It's really not that serious...

ETA: I know it's difficult, but I know that you know what is good for you. If what you WANT seems particularly high in sodium/fat/whatever, then ask for a takeout box as soon as the food comes, and put half of the food in there immediately.