That time...!

Options
This pretty much ONLY applies to girls... so carry on guys!!

We all have our own nickname for "that glorious time" of the month.. mrrrrppph.

SO! I want to know what are some really good exercises to do at the gym, or ones you have found to be more comfortable. Because frankly all I feel like doing is watching tv. Suggestions welcome :)

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I do my normal gym workout during that time. I never use it as an excuse to slack off or skip.
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Oh no no... I am NOT looking for an excuse!! Please don't think that... just looking for other suggestions ;)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    LOL. Sorry.

Just do whatever you normally do. There's really no reason to alter your workouts unless you're tired. Then just take it down a notch.
  • katekross
    Options
    That's what I'm going for... I'm falling asleep at work!! :( I'm thinking swimming or just ellipticals. Weights, who knows. I should just stop whining ;)
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    LOL. Sorry.

Just do whatever you normally do. There's really no reason to alter your workouts unless you're tired. Then just take it down a notch.

THIS
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    For he first few days I find a nice walk is enough for me and getting outside lightens my mood which is important to me as I typically feel a little low for those few days.

Zara x
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I still run. Surprisingly, and counter to what I expected, the exercise helped to alleviate TOM symptoms.
  • Focusing_on_Liz
    Options
    Since mine are really bad (pass out even). I try not to lift as heavy (lower by 5 pounds but increase reps), I also do more cardio during that week.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    The same thing I do normally. I never change/alter my routine. Some days I have to kick my own *kitten*, or ask my friends list to kick my *kitten* if they don't see a work out show up for the day because I am the master of excuses.

Even if I don't push myself as hard as I normally do I do know that a half assed workout is better than no work out at all. So just pull up your big girl panties and do your work out you can sit on the couch and watch TV when you are done.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I always found that swimming always made me feel better during TOM. Of course, that only worked during the summer.
  • marthajo1
    marthajo1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I still run and do Jillian 30 Day Shred or other cardio and I have found that it does help with cramps. Although so does my night time Midol :)
  • katekross
    Options
    Its amazing how rude people can be. I wasn't asking for that. But thanks anyways.
  • katekross
    Options
    I still run and do Jillian 30 Day Shred or other cardio and I have found that it does help with cramps. Although so does my night time Midol :)

:) Thanks for the polite post. :)
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to do anything at all at that special time. Even cooking etc leaves me wiped out, so I have a day off, and I find by day 3 I can do normal activity. I think there no point pushing yourself to exhaustion if you are feeling poorly. If you just feel lazy, then fine, give yourself a kick up the bum, but if you NEED a day or 2 off, listen to your body.
  • katekross
    Options
    I find it hard to do anything at all at that special time. Even cooking etc leaves me wiped out, so I have a day off, and I find by day 3 I can do normal activity. I think there no point pushing yourself to exhaustion if you are feeling poorly. If you just feel lazy, then fine, give yourself a kick up the bum, but if you NEED a day or 2 off, listen to your body.

Thank you :)
  • mfoy94
    mfoy94 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I think as a few other people pointed out ( I skimmed) that exercise can actually help relieve some of the pains. Which for me, at least is 1000000% true. But dont kick yourself if you spend a day on the couch because sometimes it just hurts too much.