I've Plateaued

Options
Hey guys,

I'm an avid MFP user and am so happy I have found something that works. I've been fluctuating from 20-30lbs of weight loss for the past 6 weeks now. Now before you start suggesting that I change it up, I already have. I've noticed that my muscles (yes, I actually have muscles now!) are more defined, and I've been told to not worry about the number on the scale, and to focus on inches. Just gets discouraging.

Any suggestions you guys can think of? I'm trying to keep my carbs low, and drink plenty of water. Doing what I'm supposed to be doing, and I'm stuck. HELP!

Trista

Replies

• kelfer80
    kelfer80 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Have you changed up the type of workout that tou're doing? Maybe add a little more cardio. As far as your diet goes are you typically eating the same things? Getting plenty of sleep? I'm no expert at all just a few thoughts! :)
  • Cynyca1031
    Options
    I recently have been struggling with the numbers on the scale. I will lose 4-5 lbs and gain them back for a awhile. I feel slimmer but am not noticing a change in my weight. I never really measured myself, I think i may try. I would not get discouraged. If you feel slimmer then keep doing what your doing. I just joine MFP yesterday i hopew it will help me out. Also I heard muscle weighs more then fat, and to switch up your excercise.
  • tristalamothe
    tristalamothe Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Have you changed up the type of workout that tou're doing? Maybe add a little more cardio. As far as your diet goes are you typically eating the same things? Getting plenty of sleep? I'm no expert at all just a few thoughts! :)

Typically alternating from the elliptical, to ski machine, to treadmill throughout the week. Slowly building endurance to stay on them for an hour. I eat similar things during the work week, as I prep on weekends. Though I'm not getting much sleep. A diagnosed insomniac doesn't help with my diet, I'm sure.

Thank you for your thoughts :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options
    Lack of sleep will definitely affect hormone levels which also affects weight loss. If your lack of sleep is stress-related, even worse. Sort that out. 7-8 hours is recommended.
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    If you want to disregard your weight but can't, then don't weigh yourself. Problem solved.
  • tristalamothe
    Options
    Lack of sleep will definitely affect hormone levels which also affects weight loss. If your lack of sleep is stress-related, even worse. Sort that out. 7-8 hours is recommended.

Been working very closely with my Doctor since my Mom passed away a year ago. Slow but sure :) Frustrating beyond belief though! Thanks!
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    It took me 3 months to get past a plateau recently. Change up not just what you're doing (exercise) but what you're eating too.

Make sure you keep checking your numbers to make sure they aren't out of line - check your salt intake, and MOST IMPORTANTLY: stick with it. You will get past it if you hang in there long enough. Remember, it took me 3 months.
  • tristalamothe
    Options
    It took me 3 months to get past a plateau recently. Change up not just what you're doing (exercise) but what you're eating too.

Make sure you keep checking your numbers to make sure they aren't out of line - check your salt intake, and MOST IMPORTANTLY: stick with it. You will get past it if you hang in there long enough. Remember, it took me 3 months.

Thank you :) Hanging on and continuing to work without progress is so tough.
    Sometimes it's just nice to know it's not just you.
  • tristalamothe
    Options

Thank you :) Hanging on and continuing to work without progress is so tough.
    Sometimes it's just nice to know it's not just you.

You look fantastic by the way!!!