good all week

Options
Ok I'm good all week, watch what I eat stay under my calorie goal...Then friday comes and I go out have a few beers (6) and alot of times the same thing saturday....am I wasting my time during the week? I put on 4.9 lb this weekend....I feel like I should be able to go out on the weekends and hard stuff is just not good for me.... should I just give up the drinking????

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,737 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm good all week, watch what I eat stay under my calorie goal...Then friday comes and I go out have a few beers (6) and alot of times the same thing saturday....am I wasting my time during the week? I put on 4.9 lb this weekend....I feel like I should be able to go out on the weekends and hard stuff is just not good for me.... should I just give up the drinking????
    I'd say you're wasting your time on the weekends, not during the week. Six beers Friday and six beers Saturday isn't good for you regardless of what you're doing during the week. How about one or two beers instead?
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    In order to gain 4.9 lbs of fat you would have had to consume over 17,000 extra calories. I doubt it. You probably gain water weight from the alcohol. Try to reduce your number on the weekends to 2-3 beers/night (~400 calories) and account for it in your journal. Drink a lot of water to counter the water-weight gain as well. Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    I'd say you're wasting your time on the weekends, not during the week. Six beers Friday and six beers Saturday isn't good for you regardless of what you're doing during the week. How about one or two beers instead?

I agree, trying to lose weight or not, 12 beers each weekend is not good for anyone or your liver. Could you cut it down to 3 a night? Could also do vodka, jack daniels, or rum to save some calories.