Your favorite protein bar

Options
I'm looking for good protein bars. Right now I have a few boxes of Clif Builder bars and they taste really good for a protein bar with a good texture. Claims all organic ingredients too.

For my goals though 20 grams of protein isn't a lot. I'm looking at some other bars but I've had some horrific tasting protein bars before.

Does anyone know of any 30 grams+ protein bars that have a decent taste/texture? I used to get Met RX bars but man those things were tough and chewy.

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I do Pure Protein or MetRx as those are the only ones that contain just whey protein; all the others have soy.

I don't mind the chewiness of the MetRx as it keeps me from eating it in 30 seconds.
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Pure protein for me too.
  • Bkhall79
    Options
    Homemade protein bars my wife makes....with oats, honey, peanut butter, chocolate whey, and probably something else. Google it. They are the bomm
  • Abi_bug04
    Options
    Balance Bars!
    (In particular: Cookie dough flavored).

In my opinions, they are absolutely DELICIOUS!
    They don't taste like chalk, and aren't too gritty!!
    Love love love them!!!!
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein as well. The peanut marshmallow is really good and the blueberry too.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I always have atkins Advantage Peanut Butter Granola Bars and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bars.
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    Cliff builder
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I eat the Pure Protein bars. I like them as far as protein bars go.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Pure protien, Quest, and zone perfect for me.
  • VACookey
    VACookey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I used to eat Balance bars but they have too much sugar (they're still my favorite though). Nowadays, I eat the Nature's Valley Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate. 10g of protein and only 6g of sugar.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I'm frugal, but I want high protein concentration. So I buy Nature Valley PB d-choc protein bars in bulk from Sam's Club (methinks 10g protein per 190 cals) and Life Choice PB bars from Walmart (methinks 21g protein per 210 cals, don't quote me). The former tastes a little better, but the latter has nearly double protein/cal ratio and is perfect for when I'm unable/unwilling to make a protein shake.
  • weston23
    weston23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I love quest nutrition bars, they are the best :)) especially chocolate and peanutbutter flavour :)
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Luna bars are more of a treat for me less protein (8g) less cal (170) and rasberry choco or peppermint are the only 2 I really like.

The other day I found this odd one in a chocolate section I had never seen before and it's texture was good I tried the mint it was 10g Nugo Dark mint chocolate chip.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Steak.

<3
  • kam5507
    Options
    I am in love with the Kashi Go Lean bars!!
  • islandbeauty81
    islandbeauty81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love Nature Valley PB d-choc protein bars
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I always have atkins Advantage Peanut Butter Granola Bars and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bars.

These Atkins Chocolate Peanut Butter bars are fan-friggin-tastic! Only 19 grams of protein though.
  • Fooey606
    Options
    I always check out this website before buying any protein products - www.excellentprotein.com - My personal favourite is the Supreme Protein Carb Conscious Bar because of the high protein:carb ratio.
  • weightloser122
    Options
    i love powercrunch