i don't know if I am lightly active or active?

Options
When setting up my profile for how many calories I not sure what to put. I am a cashier at a major grocery store.

Replies

• MrsJBro
    MrsJBro Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound very active to me. I guess you stand, but it's not a huge calorie burner.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    That's probably between sedentary and lightly active.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I have thsame problem trying to setermine my activity level so I am getting a HRM to see really what I burn in a day. I will wear it for a week to get a baseline and then adust calories if need be.
  • I don't do a lot of walking but upper body is always moving and lifting 1 gallon of milk = 8 pounds , 12 pack of soda =10 pounds
    case of water is 20- 25 pounds and they all have to be lifted to scan and most of the things have to be bagged and put in the cart.
  • HollyHobbitToes
    HollyHobbitToes Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound very active to me. I guess you stand, but it's not a huge calorie burner.

There is a lot of movement when you are a cashier...lifting items....some are heavy....filling bags and then lifting bags...I used to be a cashier at a department store and I often broke a sweat "standing"...
  • bkibbs
    bkibbs Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I always lean on the side of less activity, because it feels good to log the exercise that I do do.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Set it as active for a bit and see how that goes, and if there's no progress then reduce.