insanity help!!!

Options
Hey,

I am half way through the insanity workout; am working hard with large calorie loss and consuming pretty much the required calories per day!! (Well easily within required weekly calories) however, i'm not losing weight, im gaining weight and not really noticing much inch loss either??? Does this come in the second half of the programme or am I
doing something massively wrong???

Replies

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    most people seem to see much greater results in the second month.

two suggestions

1) double check everything nutrition wise.
    - redo the calculation in the nutrition guide.
    - get a scale/measuring cup and weight everything
    - not everything in the MFP database is accurate. If you suspect something, double check it on another site. I was logging these meatballs and months later discovered that they had a calorie value but no macros, so i was throwin my macros off.

2)get rid of the scale and believe in the program
    - stop weighting and just focus on nutrition and doing your workouts
  • Linzo34
    Options
    Thanks, I will try that and see what happens! Maybe drop a few daily calories and see what happens!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will try that and see what happens! Maybe drop a few daily calories and see what happens!

some people would say add more and see what happens.

i think the calc in the nutrition guide is pretty generous in calories, so i'd first suggest going 1 or 2 hundred under that and see what happens. if that does nothing you could try more cals.

but you really need to give it enough time to see if it works, enough time being a whole month or even a whole round of insanity
  • kangababy
    kangababy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I would probably think add more calories not less. I don;t knwo what you are eating a day but I think beach body guides to at least 1500 a day when doing Insantiy
  • WFBspantran
    WFBspantran Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Insanity is awesome. but you know that. I would agree check all your macros for food, and then also ditch the scale. It is only a number. How do you look in the mirror or in pics? That is what matters! Dig deel as Shaun would say...
  • HebaJ1984
    HebaJ1984 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I ALSO NEED HELP PLZZZZZ
    I am on day 9 and I also gained a little bit of weight. I am sticking to the program and nutrition almost 90% excpet for the results and recovery formula... can anyone suggest any other alternative? what do you think of the Gold Standard Natural 100% Whey as an alternative? if it is, how is it taken for weight loss (i mean with milk, juice or just water? i never had anything like this before).
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I didn't see any results until the second month, but I agree don't check the scale everyday, and make sure your eating correctly.. You should be following the nutrition guide recommendations and eating that daily with no calories left over..