Jillian Body Revolution

Options
Hello everyone,
I'm likely to start Jillian Body Revolution tonight,
How good is this program?
Is it alright if I did it with 30 days shred?

Replies

• tleeiiiii
    tleeiiiii Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    hi! i just started it 8 days ago and so far so good. At first i thought it was kind of easy but this morning i upped my weights to 5 and 10 pounds, and i could feel it!
    I would not do it with the 30 day shred, you will be mixing up the muscle groups a little too much. The workouts work different muscle groups in this video , workout 1 and workout 2 , so your muscles actually do get some rest. She says that if you want to work out more, to add no more then 5 30 minute cardio sessions per week.
  • Amie0403
    Options
    I'm starting week 4 and I really like the program. I found the first two weeks to be fairly easy, but the nice thing is, Jillian gives modifications to increase or decrease the intensity. I've already noticed that my legs are more toned and I've lost an inch or so around my waist. I would either stop doing 30-day shred or use it as a complement (if you really want to workout twice during the day) since the Body Revolution program is meant to be followed 6 days per week.
  • Ghadah88
    Options
    hi! i just started it 8 days ago and so far so good. At first i thought it was kind of easy but this morning i upped my weights to 5 and 10 pounds, and i could feel it!
    I would not do it with the 30 day shred, you will be mixing up the muscle groups a little too much. The workouts work different muscle groups in this video , workout 1 and workout 2 , so your muscles actually do get some rest. She says that if you want to work out more, to add no more then 5 30 minute cardio sessions per week.

Thank you that's a good point. I think 30m\ a day isn't enough to lose weight. I'll try some cardio workout!
    I'm starting week 4 and I really like the program. I found the first two weeks to be fairly easy, but the nice thing is, Jillian gives modifications to increase or decrease the intensity. I've already noticed that my legs are more toned and I've lost an inch or so around my waist. I would either stop doing 30-day shred or use it as a complement (if you really want to workout twice during the day) since the Body Revolution program is meant to be followed 6 days per week.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to workout twice a day. I'm happy for you & I'm soooo excited to lose 1 inche!!

Is it important to do the kickstart week?
  • catekary
    Options
    Just ordered it. It will be in my mail today. Looking to get started on Monday. Let me know how it is going for yall. I will take my measurements on Saturday.
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I started week 5 today and I'm definitely feeling a lot stronger than when I started and it's definitely getting harder! I love the fact that the workouts change every 2 weeks and you can increase weight if you're finding any of the exercises too easy.

I am still gaining strength so I've not gone crazy yet with the weights I'm using but hopefully by the end of month 2 I'll be ready to lift much heavier. I was already used to doing quite a bit of exercise so I haven't really lost anything so far but I have increased my calories quite a lot after following advice about this on MFP. Hopefully I'll start to see big changes soon though.

I've been adding in 30-35 minute cardio workouts around 3-4 days a week and have also been adding Yoga Meltdown on at least one of my cardio days too.

I would highly recommend the program though, I love it!