More NSV's than lbs lost!

Options
merraina
merraina Posts: 30 Member
Hello!

I am a stalker on these message boards but this is my first time posting. I come here every single day for motivation and to remind myself that I can do this!

I started my new life on New Years Day. I decided that it was time that I started taking care of me.

A little background:
I am a single mother to 2 wonderful boys one of whom is autistic. My life took a huge dramatic turn in 2010 with my then-husband leaving us and them my son getting his diagnosis. I can't tell you how I made it through that year. I honestly didn't know at that time how I was gonna make it through it but I managed to do so. For the last 2 years, I thought that I was the reason that my then-husband was unhappy. I thought it was because I was not a good wife, mother or a good person. As you can imagine, I turned to food for comfort.

I finally realized that 2 years after our separation that my then-husband was still not happy. IT WASN'T ME!!!!! I wasn't the whole reason for his unhappiness!!! I was still however working 2 very stressful jobs and trying to make ends meet while being a single mom. Again, I turned to food for comfort.

In December of 2012, I quit my very stressful part time job. An extremely hard decision for financial reasons but let me tell you, I do not regret it one bit! I will struggle financially for the rest of my life before I put myself into that situation again! With that new found freedom (on more than one front) I decided that I really needed to take care of me. How much good am I to my boys if I am not in a good place?

On January 1st, I made the decision to do that. I have logged every single day since then. I have lost 14 lbs but my 'other transformations' have been even more exciting!!!

I live in Florida and Disney is only an hour away. I went with my sisters last weekend to ride all of the roller coasters. I did not have to shimmy my way into any of the seats!!!! I fit perfectly in them all!

I was able to start wearing jeans that are 2 sizes smaller than what I was wearing last week.

I sleep better.

I have tons more energy!

I feel better about myself!

I am proud of myself!!

I don't take crap from anyone anymore, including my ex-husband!

I have a more positive outlook on life.

I don't stress much anymore!

I LOVE ME!!!!!!

I am so excited to continue this life change! I can't wait to post my pics on here soon like so many of you that I am drawing my motivation from!

Please keep posting and know that I am stalking these boards looking for your successes for my motivation!

Please feel free to add me as a friend. The more motivation the better!

Replies

• ssb1662
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the great work.
    Feeling good about yourself is the best gift of all.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Your happiness comes through loud and clear and that's inspiring.
  • Cdaleerdman
    Cdaleerdman Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Coming to terms with my ex and my role in his happiness before I could take care of myself . I joined a short time ago and love reading all the posts. I don't feel alone anymore.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I love you too (figuratively now)! Keep coming here and keep up the good work!
  • mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic - and what a motivation for yourself to carry on going too. You can so do this - and you will have your success pics on here before you know it! Good luck with the rest of your weight loss.
  • Abi_bug04
    Options
    I'm glad to hear that you have transformed your life! You are exuding happiness that is very contagious!
    Congratulations! :)
  • merraina
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the great work.
    Feeling good about yourself is the best gift of all.

Thank you & YES it is!!
  • merraina
    Options
    Your happiness comes through loud and clear and that's inspiring.

Thank you! I am the happiest I have been in years (aside from the day my boys were born!)! I LOVE IT!
  • merraina
    Options
    Good for you! Coming to terms with my ex and my role in his happiness before I could take care of myself . I joined a short time ago and love reading all the posts. I don't feel alone anymore.

Please don't ever feel alone! That is probably the one thing I love the most about this site! None of us are alone. We may be far apart but never alone!
  • merraina
    Options
    I love you too (figuratively now)! Keep coming here and keep up the good work!

Why Thank you! That is definitely the plan!
  • merraina
    Options
    That's fantastic - and what a motivation for yourself to carry on going too. You can so do this - and you will have your success pics on here before you know it! Good luck with the rest of your weight loss.

I can't wait to post the success pics! It was very hard for me to take those beginning pictures!
  • merraina
    Options
    I'm glad to hear that you have transformed your life! You are exuding happiness that is very contagious!
    Congratulations! :)

Thank you! It is so much more than I expected and I want everyone to feel this good about themselves!
  • twilight473
    twilight473 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You are doing amazing Merraina! I'm so happy and proud of you for going strong and your continuing to do so. A great inspiration to us all. Keep it up honey!!
  • merraina
    Options
    You are doing amazing Merraina! I'm so happy and proud of you for going strong and your continuing to do so. A great inspiration to us all. Keep it up honey!!

Girl (not sure if you want me to use your real name on here) you have been my biggest cheerleader! Thank you so much for your daily encouragment! You are also doing amazing!!
  • autopilot_on
    Options
    Wow. You are an amazing woman. Single mom and an autistic child?! You're supermom for sure. I am like you. I come here every day to find motivation. Even if I don't comment on everything I read. Thank you VERY MUCH for sharing your story. I feel even more committed to being the best person I can be for me and everyone that I love. Thank you.
  • merraina
    Options
    Wow. You are an amazing woman. Single mom and an autistic child?! You're supermom for sure. I am like you. I come here every day to find motivation. Even if I don't comment on everything I read. Thank you VERY MUCH for sharing your story. I feel even more committed to being the best person I can be for me and everyone that I love. Thank you.

Thank you very much! I wouldn't trade being a mom to an autistic child for the world! He has taught me so much about life in his short 8 years than I have my entire life. My boys are my biggest motivation to take care of me so that I can better take care of them! Contgratulations on your successes so far and in the future!
  • twilight473
    twilight473 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can totally use my real name! :) I'm happy that I could help you and others with their healthy transformation. You keep me going as well. Thanks for checking up on me. it's been a rough couple of weeks but you keep me going and all of these message boards. I know that if you and all of the others can do this - so can I! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!