*Gasp* ... 30

Options
I just realized that I am going to be 30 years old this year!! :sad: Just thought I would have a little pitty party for me .. i know it's not that bad, but the more I think about it ... I'm scared :noway: I am gonna get a shirt that says "I'm not 30, I'm 29.95 plus tax!" .. my birthday is not till December .. so I am safe for now.

Replies

• cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I love the thought of that shirt! So funny.
  • calicowgirl0582
    Options
    I need to get one of those shirts . . . I'm rapidly approaching 30 and it totally scares me too!!!
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Lol, yes the dreaded 3 0 ! I thought it'd be awful when I turned 30 last year but it wasn't! What is awful...I'll be 31 this year! :sad: hahaha The shirt idea is pure genius, you should create and market it.......I bet it'd sell like hotcakes. :bigsmile: But you don't look 30 so maybe you'll get this alot...."You're 30...no way! You look like you're 24 or 25! " lol I do love those moments when someone tells me I look way younger than I am! :flowerforyou: Here's to completing yet another decade of your life!
  • lab_goddess
    lab_goddess Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it!! I am going to be 40 this year, but I am just waiting for the big 42. 42 is the age that my mom said that I would be old enough for panty hose, makeup, dating, etc. Also, according to the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy it is also the meaning of life!! Go figure!!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    The only age I ever had an issue with was when my brother turned 21; then I definitely felt "old" (at 24!) :laugh: I've got a 3 years to get to my big 3-0 so it's too soon to tell if it will bother me.
  • hymiesmom
    hymiesmom Posts: 76
    Options
    LOL Love the t-shirt!

While the thought of turning 30 is terrifying.....I actually prefer it to my 20's. Sure, 20's are fun...but in your 30's you know more...but still have fun! :drinker:

I'm much more secure (mentally, financially, and well maybe not physically) now than when I was in my 20's...go with it!!!
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    That's a great idea for a shirt and you should really see about making it. I bet it would be popular.
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Your all are still a babies :laugh: I have to tell you that I've loved every age so far....it's just numbers
  • BigSouthernMama
    Options
    My birthday is in December too; 'cept I will be 31...I think I will be throwing another pity party this year LMBO!
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    I would love that .. but it's already been made!! That is why I got the idea ..I said I was going to get the shirt for myself ..

Check these out .. lol .. I love them ..

http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/30-year-old?cmp=knc--g--us--sea--apparel--search-b--30_year_old_tshirts&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=sea--apparel&utm_content=search-b&utm_term=30_year_old_tshirts&gclid=CLqEzfal3KECFRhqgwodLRoWKQ
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Aw you're just a baby yet! :laugh: I'm within sight of 60. I'll be 57 in November. After that, it'll seem like only a couple days before I turn 60. I do like the idea of the shirt though. How cute!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I was scared of 30 too...
    On my 30th bday I not only turned 30, but also flew on a plane for the first time since 9/11 and met my future in-laws whom I had been told "probably wouldn't like me..."

To make a long story short... My 30's have been better than my 20's ever were, I survived the flight and it turns out that my in-laws love me. It's all good.

Enjoy every age!
  • BbNuke
    BbNuke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You know, if I could choose an age to go back to, I wouldn't want to be any younger than mid-40s. Your 40s are great - so don't sweat turning 30. Hell, you're not even ripe yet! My hardest birthday was turning 50 - and I turned 60 this year! Enjoy whatever age you are at - cause (AFAIK) we only go around once.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Actually, I loved turning 55 because a lot of places you can get a senior citizen's discount at age 55. :bigsmile:
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Be happy that you are making healthy changes at 30ish. I was in my low 30's when I started gaining weight... and now just turned 40. It's definitely time to turn back the clock.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to turn 30.....but now I am 31 and it have proven to be the best years of my life yet!!!

You will enjoy it , trust me!!
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    This is too funny. :laugh: I'm turning 30 tomorrow!!! :noway: I feel good about it, though. I may not be exactly where I want to be yet, but I'm heading into my 30s a LOT healthier than I was in my 20s, and I'm going to ROCK this decade!!

Just imagine how much progress you can make between now and your birthday in December -- you'll rock 30, too, girl! :drinker:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I was looking forward to turning 30 ... I figured it can only get better and I was right! I'm 32 and couldn't be happier.

Enjoy it :drinker:.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    ... and I'm going to ROCK this decade!!

I'm with you on that one! 40's though!! :laugh: