Do you believe in "Cheat Days"?

Options

Replies

• RunningMannn
    Options
    If you don't eat 100% clean 100% of the time, you're just cheating yourself and your health

Dude, I think your obsessed..

Those french fries I ate yesterday were so damn good..
  • RunningMannn
    Options
    I understand the meaning of discipline and consistency with your diet, but, you shouldn't deprive yourself of the things you like.

Treating yourself to something once a week is not a big deal and will not keep you from progressing. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is great but there's space for special occasions. I'm not saying eat that extra piece of cake or grab 4 or 5 cookies that are in the office, but, don't keep yourself from social events or have the mentality that dessert is the end of the world.

Wanting a change in your appearance and health means making an adjustment to your lifestyle and I'm all for that but keep yourself sane in the process.

I agree with you 100%...
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat 100% clean 100% of the time, you're just cheating yourself and your health

Or being facetious.
  • bailuna
    Options
    Every Wednesday, I go out with my husband and friends to a pub and have a "cheat meal" - something I normally would avoid. French fries, club sandwiches, or a wrap of some kind.

I call it a cheat meal, but I log every single calorie I eat. Sometimes I go over, sometimes I don't. But I move on. I don't really consider it cheating, I hold myself accountable and work out as hard as I can the day before and after.

I don't care what other people think, or what other people call it, as long as it works for them.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

Clearly you haven't seen some of the stuff ACG puts away...the guy makes me jealous as all hell.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I cheat if I want!!!
  • awesome_inferno
    awesome_inferno Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    WOW! "Cheating" on a diet is not even comparable to cheating on a spouse. We "diet cheaters" just use it as slang for rewarding ourselves with something we normally avoid because of the calorie/fat content. I will continue to "cheat" and I will also continue to lose weight. So :tongue:
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    yes, very much. in every aspect of life
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet, so I don't really see the need for cheat days.

^boom
    This^
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    The only person you are cheating with a Cheat Day is yourself. Cheating resets your cravings. How do you ever expect your body to get use to lean meats and veggies when you give it Pizza and Burgers once a week? Its like a smoker saying they will just smoke once a week. Once a week turns into once a week and when I am stressed. Then once a week and when I am stressed, and when I am celebrating. Then once a week and when I am stressed and when I am celebrating and when I am bored. Then once a week and when I am stressed and when I am celebrating and when I am bored and on any day that ends in a Y.
  • waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat meal every two weeks or so (and I still try to log it) just to keep myself sane. I usually try to make it lunch, so I can adjust dinner accordingly and maybe try to burn some of it off.
  • wolfelements
    wolfelements Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The weight loss program I'm doing says to have a "Free Day" where I can eat, in moderation, the foods I don't usually get to eat during the week. I told my husband this was going to be my drinking day, lol.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options

DNO3a.gif
  • Boltzy_17
    Options
    I think having my cheat days is why I'm losing! It's my motivation. But I'm not cheating with an entire cake, or the EXTRA LARGE combo meal. My cheat days are having a soda with my dinner or making a malt after supper. So I'm not killing myself. I maybe go over my calorie count by a couple hundred. Not by much.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    The only person you are cheating with a Cheat Day is yourself. Cheating resets your cravings. How do you ever expect your body to get use to lean meats and veggies when you give it Pizza and Burgers once a week? Its like a smoker saying they will just smoke once a week. Once a week turns into once a week and when I am stressed. Then once a week and when I am stressed, and when I am celebrating. Then once a week and when I am stressed and when I am celebrating and when I am bored. Then once a week and when I am stressed and when I am celebrating and when I am bored and on any day that ends in a Y.

For you. I am cheating no one. I experienced success with this way and still successful.
    I realize you probably haven't read my post since it is a few pages back but this is not my experience at all. Like I said, I am more of a if it fits your macros person but I was on a strict diet while training for a competition and was allowed a cheat day (at first) and a cheat meal later on once every week or two. Cheat days taught me to appreciate food and understand and control my cravings, something I carried over when I went back to my usual way of eating. I got used to lean meats and veggies just fine, it was all I ate and still is for the most part.

This is a very individual topic. Some people, like me, do well with cheat days. Other people, like yourself, don't. But it is wrong to say that I am cheating myself for doing what does work for me just as it would be for me to insist you should be doing cheat days.
  • amsal223
    amsal223 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Agreed... my cheat days outweigh the healthy lifestyle (I refuse to use the word diet because that means I'll stop dieting and gain all the weight back). I need a big mac once in a while like once every 6 months), and I'm going to eat it.
  • justicekenny
    Options

yeah .. cool story .. lol
  • TRACYW2002
    TRACYW2002 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • baldielove13
    baldielove13 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Yep, I believe in cheat days. They keep me sane. I think of them as treat days.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    That's very interesting, but I don't have a 'cheat day'.
    I have more of a "splurge day" where I get one meal that I really want.. and know will send me way over my caloric intake.
    It's more of a day where if I end up getting something bad I don't feel guilt or like a messed up.

For example, this week is Valentine's Day.
    My boy and I are going to the Melting Pot Saturday evening and I am super excited!
    :)