Motivation, where fore art thou?

Options
I'm struggling. Cutting back my calories, changing what I'm eating, and adding exercise on my already sleep deprived body, is making me one grumpy bug :( I'm just so exausted. I feel deprived in every area.
I'm a single mom of 4, work 2 jobs, own a home. #overwhelmed

Replies

• Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Get more sleep and up your calories you will have more energy to burn. Workout when you can. Learn to Breathe. You can't do everything.
  • Granada88
    Granada88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You need to remember that you are doing this for your kids as well as yourself. Remind yourself that a better, healthier you equals a better, healthier mom for your kids. See, I want to be a better dad....more fit and better conditioned. So, I could go on request when my son asks me to play with him. My son is my motivation! Come on.... You can DO this!!!!
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Get more sleep and up your calories you will have more energy to burn. Workout when you can. Learn to Breathe. You can't do everything.

I agree, just take it one step at a time. Fix your diet and definitely increase your intake. Make exercise meaningful...housework counts you know. Build in other activities when you can.

You'll get there, just takes time :flowerforyou:
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    remember if you fail to plan, then you plan to fail. Make sure you are doing as much prep work as possible for the week.
    Examples:
    Sundays:
    Shopping - done
    take beef for stir fry and marinate in the fridge.
    I precook 10 pieces for thin sliced chicken breast:
    -Rinse Chicken
    - Sprinkle with Kosher Salt
    - Sprinkle with Organic Grilling Seasons - Chicken
    - Cook 3 mins each side in George Foreman Grill
    Precut and store:
    - Onions
    - Broccoli
    PreMix sandwich stuff:
    - Tuna fish, May (olive Oil) and sweet relish
    - Precut up lettuce
    Snacks:
    Hard boiled eggs

Now I am not a single parent or have 4 kids or 2 jobs, so I may be totally unrealistic.

Every meal can have a prep time, but should have a less than 10 min, cook time. :)

from these I can make:
    Chicken breast with steamed veggies
    Chicken stir fry with rice
    Beef Stir fry with noodles
    Tuna fish sandwich
    Chicken Salad
    Chicken Sandwich

I know the menu seems a little boring, but I try to go for efficiency, over variety
  • daisylady329
    Options
    You can tell I'm a FB addict. I want to "like" each of your comments! LOL Thanks guys!!!