Slim in 6

Options
So, I was having my afternoon snack and an infomercial came on TV for The Slim In 6 workout program. I've been struggling with finding workouts to do, since I workout at home, so this workout program caught my eye. I do own Insanity but I've gained weight since the last time I did it and I wasn't very successful. When I looked up reviews for the Slim In 6 it said that it was ideal for people with a low fitness level, yet it was extremely effective. Has anyone else tried this program before? If so, did you get good results?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Honestly, youre weight loss "results" are going to come more from your diet than any specific workout program. Find exercise you like well enough to do consistently. Get in cardio and a good, heavy lifting program. Eat at a caloric deficit. You will see results. If Slim in 6 is something you can see yourself doing, go for it, but it's not necessarily better than any other program. Again, I cannot stress enough, results is going to be 80% from your nutrition. You cannot outtrain a crappy diet.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I have the Slim In 6 DVDs. When I first got them a few years ago I really did like it, but never stuck it out past the 2nd level.

My one complaint about it was that it felt long to me, and mentally I had a hard time wanting to do it.

I much prefered Jillian Micahel's 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30...they are only 20-25 minutes with warm up and cool down and way easier to stick to.

But, that is just me personally.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Honestly, youre weight loss "results" are going to come more from your diet than any specific workout program. Find exercise you like well enough to do consistently. Get in cardio and a good, heavy lifting program. Eat at a caloric deficit. You will see results. If Slim in 6 is something you can see yourself doing, go for it, but it's not necessarily better than any other program. Again, I cannot stress enough, results is going to be 80% from your nutrition. You cannot outtrain a crappy diet.

I have to agree here ❤

You really need to focus on your diet/caloric intake .. Exercise is helpful in getting to your goal faster and it will ultimately be more effective if it's something you like doing and can do consistently. I like taking a daily walk .. some days .. I just don't walk as far or as long .. maybe I don't always have time to walk over an hour.. but it's easy enough, it's more than sitting all day and I make a little time to do it.

You have to know how much time you can truly devote to doing it consistently (whatever you choose to do) .. 15-20 minutes? an hour? it's up to you .. :flowerforyou:

But do your best to eat healthy and well .. don't starve yourself. And shoot for a slow weight loss rather than too much, too fast. Slow and steady wins the race .. if you rush the weight loss .. chances are it'll find its way back on again :wink:
  • BaconBit
    BaconBit Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Si6 for 2 weeks now and I love it ! I turn Deb off and put my own music on and go with it! I totally feel it every time I do it too! SO I KNOW it's working !

Since your able to do Insanity stick with that. ! Use Si6 for some serious toning and widdleing that middle
  • susanmarnold
    Options
    I am on my last week of Slim in 6 and down about 15 pounds since starting. I enjoy I and it is a great starting place. I do plan on starting ChaLEAN Extreme on Sunday but glad I started with Slim in 6.
  • selina_kyle
    selina_kyle Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm almost done with Start it up. I bought some used SI6 dvds on eBay because I remember using my mom's DVDs but I didn't stick with it so hope I am able to finish this time.