Arthritic knees

Options
I try so hard to exercise but my knees just do not allow me to most days. I have been told the best thing for me would be water aerobics however i cannot afford to .. I love zumba on the wii and do it whenever my knees aren't so bad but then the next day i can barely walk from my knees killing me. I have a ton of weight to lose and its slow going because of the lack of exercise. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Ayne6246
    Ayne6246 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and have been doing the Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies 1 for the past week. You can adjust the impact to suit your ability. A lot of the stuff I have to just kind of "march" in place more like just lift my feet of the floor for me but the upper body stuff really works uop a sweat for me.:smile:
  • camoshell
    Options
    thats what i have been doing with some of the zumba moves...
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You'll probably find that your knees will improve a lot by losing the extra weight they have to carry around. Being really vigilant about measuring, weighing and logging all your food will be more important than the few calories you'll burn doing exercise. Leslie Sansone has some great DVD's called Walk Away the Pounds that might be useful.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Can you ride a bike? Cycling is great because it strengthens the muscles surrounding the knee joint. Also, do you have access to an elliptical machine? It's a great workout because it's gentle on the joints.