100 cal snacks

Options
Those of you who eat 100 cal snacks, how many do you eat a day. I usually have 1 with my lunch, 1 with my dinner, and an afternoon snack. Is this too much??

Replies

• SassyMissDasha
    Options
    No I don't think so .. you're supposed to have 3 meals and 3 snacks a day. I think you are fine!
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    That's perfect! Enough to keep your metabolism high! Eat loads of high fiber and protein.....
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    I love these things. Easy snack on the go. I have 6 different ones so I spice it up each day but I normally only have 1 or 2 a day for a snack. I am not to sure if that's bad for you or not but I definitely love them! My favorite is Kraft cheese bites!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    The number of snacks you have is fine...but I would seriously watch which ones you're eating. Those 100 calorie packs are the same "bad" product, just a smaller portion. So they're loaded with sugar, processed carbs, high fructose corn syrup, and sodium. The only 100 calorie packs I eat are Orville Redenbacher's Kettle Korn Smart Pop bags.
  • ashleyp35
    ashleyp35 Posts: 53
    Options
    I have the hostess mini chocolate cakes, 100 cal pack rice cakes, nabisco snacks...I would like to add that I do eat at least 3 veggies, and 2 fruits a day, lean protien. I also do 3 hours of cardio a day. Dont know if that makes a difference?
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    Depends how hungry I am!!! I think yesterday I ate over 700 calories of snacks... most of them 100 cal packs.

But today I've only had a banana and a bag of popcorn as a snack.

I think the key here is moderation...

Ashley P you do 3 hours of cardio? Crazy!! :)
  • steffi1686
    steffi1686 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I think you are fine. Part of dieting is creating sustainable habits so that means not cutting out all of your favorite foods, but just controlling for the portions. I think 100 calorie snacks are a great way to do this. I usually have one with lunch and one after dinner. My favorites are Cheetos Asteroids, Hostess Mini Cakes, and Keebler Cookies and Cream.