Valentines Day Desert?

Options
HEELLPP!!!! I want to make a valentines day desert that is both low in calories yet tastes good .. oh and chocolate. I have spent so much time looking at recipes and nothing looks good.... Any suggestions??

Replies

• angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of chocolate dipped strawberries.
  • LiziAB
    LiziAB Posts: 55
    Options
    Can`t remember who posted this a few weeks ago, but I copied the recipe. Haven`t tried it, but it sounded good.

Layne & Isabel's Low-Carb Cheesecake Masterpiece

Ingredients:
    2 lbs no fat cream cheese
    4 whole large eggs
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1 tablespoon cinnamon
    4 oz (1/2 cup) low carb no fat milk
    1 cup cooking splenda (sucralose)
    Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees
    Using No Fat cooking spray, spray 9" pie pan
    Mix ingredients together using an electric blender in a large bowl
    Pour mix into pre-greased pan

Heat at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes
    Remove from oven and place in refrigerator

You must let this sit at least 4-5 hours in the fridge if you want a decent cheesecake.

Macronutrient Totals (per slice):
    Protein: 20g
    Carbohydrates: 6g
    Fat: 2.25g
    Chocolate or vanilla protein powder can be added to the mix for flavor and more protein if desired.

If one desires a softer cheesecake, then use 1 lb of light ricotta cheese and 1 lb of fat free cream cheese instead of 2 lbs fat free cream cheese. This changes the totals per slice.

Macronutrient Totals (per slice):
    Protein: 17g
    Carbohydrates: 5g
    Fat: 4.5g
  • I can't vouch for the taste but I thought it looked good. :)

http://culinarytuesdays.com/red-velvet-cheesecake-cupcakes/
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    1 container of fat free cool whip I container of fruit flavored greek yogurt and some powdered kool aide to taste ( same flavor as the yogurt) use it as a fruit dip
  • camoshell
    Options
    mmmm red velvet is my favorite!!!
  • mininipuce
    mininipuce Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Bake an apple with cinnamon and add muesli at the end. Delicious and low calories.
  • ClaireTrev
    Options
    Strawberries dipped in dark chocolate (sugar free or low sugar option if you can). You and your partner can feed them to each other.. the anticipation will burn off the calories :) haha.

If you want ice-cream, how about making your own yummy frozen yoghurt? if you freeze it a bit, then whip it up, then freeze again it goes all fluffy like ice-cream.

Happy V-day! :)
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free Raspberry Ripple
    * 1/3- 1/2 cup coconut oil

* 1/3 cup organic salted butter (be sure to use salted…the saltiness gives it a lovely kick)

* 2 tbls raw cacao, or cocoa

* 1 tbls rice malt syrup

* 1/3 cup coconut, shredded or flakes (for a chunkier version)

* 1/3 cup of frozen raspberries

Melt the butter and oil (in a pan or microwave…the oil takes longer to melt so add the butter a little after); stir in the cacao and syrup. Arrange the berries and coconut on a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray or plate (a dinner plate is ideal – the slight indent creates a good shape). Pour the coconut oil mixture over the top and pop in the freezer. When firm either break into shards or cut into wedges.

OR

http://thediva-dish.com/uncategorized/chocolate-peanut-butter-puddinmousse/

OR

Blend fruit from 1 large mango and 2 heaped tablespoons of natural greek yoghurt until smooth.
    Pour into 2 ramekins.
    Cover and Freeze.
    Remove from freezer 30 minutes before serving.
    Add some fresh berries and or coconut flakes on top to serve.
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Mattagascar in the back of the Mattilac
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Not chocolate by a good pie. 1 Graham cracker crust, filling: 2 containers fat free yogurt, sugar free jello to match yogurt, 1 light or fat free cool whip, mix cool whip and yogurt, dissolve hello in 1/4 cup boiling water, mix into yogurt/cool whip, put filling in pie crust and refrigerate til firm