Getting back on track

Options
Hey everyone. I used my fitness pal last year to get ready for my PT test. I have tried many diets in the past that have gotten me down to a weight and waist measurement that helps me do good on the test. Last year was my first time trying it without pills/drinks/powders. I did it by counting calories and after I completed my test, I stopped all together and went back to eating like I was before. I also stopped working out as much and just did it when we had it as a group 3 times a week, which is really bad since I am the head trainer for my shop. My wife is also on here and has been for a while. We have decided that neither of us will let the other go back to the old ways and keep shedding and keeping the weight off. I used my fitness pal again this year and have reached my goal for my PT test which is on Thursday. I am know trying to maintain what I have accomplished so far and I plan on starting to lift weights to improve my strength. If anyone has any pointers or suggestions, please let me know. If you want to friend me, feel free. I need all the encouragement I can get. Friday will be tough and I know this. I plan on giving myself a small treat but, of course I will be working it off in the gym.

Replies

• missingmercury
    Options
    I got the app 'couch potato to 5k'. I don't use it, but after I got it Amazon recommended 'Look Good Naked' by Steven Becker. It was a couple bucks and is kind of a weight lifting plan for beginners. Of course the smart way to lift is to go to a gym, but that does not work for me right now. We have a gym at work and I lift with aerobic weight bars, do front squats, dead lifts and presses. I google all the lifts like crazy prior to doing them. There is a 10min warm up, usually jump rope or agility ladder. It is different and fun. I got one of my work buddies to do it with me. I am hoping it will kick start my weight loss. I was stuck for months at 243 and i broke through that floor this week. I just started about 3 weeks ago.
  • CocoaErmine
    CocoaErmine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm getting my fitness back together as well. Got about 30 pounds to lose. I just have to keep counting the calories until I make working out a regular part of my routine again. Sometimes it's hard.
  • skiddymo
    Options
    Missing, thanks for the idea. I lifted weights several years ago but did not know what I was doing really. I did it for about 5 months and stopped. I was not going up in weight very much but my friends were so I got disgruntled and stopped altogether. I am glad that the book is helping you and you are starting to see results.

Cocoa, you can do it. Keep it up!