Ripped in 30

Options
Hello - I am now on day 25 of the 30 day shred. Just loving it...first time ever in my life to do exercise consistently. I think Jillian Michaels workouts are great. I am planning to have a two day break once i finish the 30DS and then start Ripped in 30.
Any thoughts or suggesions...? Did anyone follow this routine after 30DS...if so, did you see nay noticeable results in terms of body toning? Any other recommendations?

I want to fit in 30 minutes per day exercise and perhaps one hour over the weekends.
I need to lose 5 kg but want to do this in a way that I can maintain longterm.

Many thanks

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I went to Ripped after the Shred. Like you, it was the first time in my life I was working out consistently. I barely finished the first week though, and then went back to the Shred haha. I liked the Shred better, but I would like to get through Ripped in the future. I'm working on the Shred again switch from L1, to 2, to 3 on different days. I'm at Day 15 with that, but took a break when I pulled a muscle in my neck. :laugh: I will do Ripped with you. I would love to give it another shot! If you would like to motivate each other, send me a friend request, and let me know when you are beginning! Good luck!
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi i never did 30 D/S but i did do RI30 over the summer and i cursed jillian everyday! After i started it i saw that most people start with 30 D/S which seemed to make it alittle easier i guess. I didnt lose any pounds while doing RI30 but it did tone most of body, esp my stomach and love handles. I had to stop on day 3 of week 4 because the one position killed my knee so i technically never finished. Good luck to you! You just have to keep going and it gets easier as you build up the muscles for the positions. By day 4 its much easier and then you move onto the next level and start all over!
  • Saliang
    Saliang Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi i never did 30 D/S but i did do RI30 over the summer and i cursed jillian everyday! After i started it i saw that most people start with 30 D/S which seemed to make it alittle easier i guess. I didnt lose any pounds while doing RI30 but it did tone most of body, esp my stomach and love handles. I had to stop on day 3 of week 4 because the one position killed my knee so i technically never finished. Good luck to you! You just have to keep going and it gets easier as you build up the muscles for the positions. By day 4 its much easier and then you move onto the next level and start all over!

Thanks for sharing your experience....I love MFP for that....have learnt so many new things about food and exercise! My weight loss goal is 5 kilos but I need to tone up so RI30 sounds just what I need. I found 30DS level 1 slightly demanding but it did get easier and I enjoyed the challenge tremendously. Looking forward to start the RI30 challenge. Finally working on getting my pre-pregnancy shape back....it took 13 years to get into doing it :):)
  • Saliang
    Options
    I went to Ripped after the Shred. Like you, it was the first time in my life I was working out consistently. I barely finished the first week though, and then went back to the Shred haha. I liked the Shred better, but I would like to get through Ripped in the future. I'm working on the Shred again switch from L1, to 2, to 3 on different days. I'm at Day 15 with that, but took a break when I pulled a muscle in my neck. :laugh: I will do Ripped with you. I would love to give it another shot! If you would like to motivate each other, send me a friend request, and let me know when you are beginning! Good luck!

That would be great - we can motivate each other! I will finish 30DS on 15/02 and plan to start RI30 on 18/02 - taking the weekend off :)
    Will contact you directly! Thanks
  • mystikalbeanz
    mystikalbeanz Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Im with you on that! My daughter will be 5 in a few days and im still carrying around the baby pouche! So im hoping that if i stick to calorie counting and exercising when i can i will finally get rid of this pouche! This website has been wonderful with helping me to eat better and maintain my weight! Im currently a full time student and im doing my clinical rotations so i have no time to workout right now which is very frustrating because just counting calories doesnt help me lose weight at all! I know RI30 will definately change your body shape! Just take measurements! And like i said dont give up! I just started doing zumba for kinect and love it when i have the time to do it and that kicks my butt!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    i did day 2 of level 1 this morning, great workout !! I have done 30 DS beforehand, it has helped me tone up a bit, not so jiggly !

I am going to mix RI30 with other workouts, such as killer buns and thighs, 6w6p, no more trouble zones, banish fat boost metabolism. for me personally it keeps me more interested nad motivated if I am varying the workouts.
  • cagletb
    cagletb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I will do RI30 with you guys. send me a friend request please:)
  • Saliang
    Options
    Sent you a friend request.

Starting Ripped in 30 on Monday the 18th of February.
    Everyone is most welcome to join - the more the merrier!

Good luck to all as you continue your fitness journey :)
  • powlist
    powlist Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I will try, hope to get DVD this weekend. I loved 30DS
  • RF3377
    RF3377 Posts: 97
    Options
    I've just started Ripped in 30...today is day 3 for me...before this I done the 30ds and took a break for a week before I started Ripped in 30 on Monday...feel free to add me :)