Help with Late Night

Options
Not finding a good Late Night show.... I work til about 2-3 am fri.-sun. and at least one of those nights I get so hungry I end up stopping after work and getting food at a fast food place (usually Mcdonalds) Even when I eat 4-5 oranges or other fruits around 9-10pm during "lunch". Does anyone have ideas or some sort of eating habit change on the weekends where I would not get so hungry so late?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Yeah, eat more than oranges for lunch.
  • JTabornator
    Options
    Well thats on top of eating a normal Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
  • JTabornator
    Options
    bump
  • orangefour
    orangefour Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try eating 5 or 6 small meals on those days you work late, so you aren't starving by the time you get off. Or pack a healthy snack and leave it in your car for after work so you don't resort to fast food. If both of those options fail, then leave some room in your diary on these days so you can grab something after work and pick something from the menu that is healthier/lower calorie.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I work the same hours and I always find myself starving. I used to hit up fast food places on the way home.

I have started trying to do more at home. I get the egg beaters so when I get home I can throw some in a microwaveable bowl and get the bread rounds (the ones that are 100 calories and look like flat english muffins). I put the eggs on one of those and it's just as delicious and only 130 calories or so (sometimes I add some chopped up bacon for an extra 50 calories).

There is nothing wrong with eating after work I have just been trying to find things that are really simple to make when I get home (cause I'm also super tired) and lower cal.
  • fightNbFIT
    Options
    Try to eat a higher protein snack around 9-10pm. If your just eating fruits then, you are bound to be hungry by 2a. The fruits will drive up your blood sugar then drop it, making you hungry.