Lenten Question

Options
For my Catholic friends or even my Protestant friends who observe Lent... What are you doing without, sacrificing, abstaining from to bring you closer to God this year? Just curious.

Replies

• smboston
    Options
    I was really hoping to give up processed food, but I'm not quite there yet. I need to start preparing more meals at home.

I think that it will be soda.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up sugar ( I do every year) but I'm also giving up my scale.I'm trying to break my obsession.And I'm hoping for a nice surprise when I weigh myself again.
  • Nina_Crowson
    Options
    Im conflicted. Was thinking about the scale too.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I am not sure yet. I think maybe I will give up... having lazy days. I think that i should start doing something active in my home for 30 minutes everyday. I am lazy and sometimes i choose to not do anything all day. so I think i will give that up and start doing 30 minutes of work in my home.. seems easy to many people but to me not so much because sometimes i just dont like moving.

I already gave up using heating tools on my hair and dying it because im starting to let it grow... honestly I think the hardest thing will probably not eating meat on fridays..
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I just found out lent starts wednesday feb 13.. I may go to church that day :)
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Instead of giving somethig up I decided to challenge myself.... My goal is to try and do 1 thing for someone else each of the 40 days of lent, kind of like a pay it forward kind of thing....
  • nyssalynne
    Options
    Instead of giving somethig up I decided to challenge myself.... My goal is to try and do 1 thing for someone else each of the 40 days of lent, kind of like a pay it forward kind of thing....

What a great idea!

37372224.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • schooby2
    schooby2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am going to give up pop. That will be a tough one for me, but Lent will give me the motivation. I am Protestant, but all for putting God at the front of my mind by giving up something I typically indulge in DAILY.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I think my biggest goal is just being steadfast and eating to fuel my body, not binging or for pleasure. I'm hoping to stick to it! On three days in a row now. Variety is helping me.
  • thintor
    Options
    i am giving up checking the scale as well!