Water Mix-ins.

Options
When you mix a crystal light or flavoring into your water do you count that in your water intake??

Replies

• panther87
    panther87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It has 5 calories per serving. so if that's going to make or break you I'd count it. but if you have the calories to spare I'd drink away. I have slowly gotten off of drinking it by using 1 single serve packet for a quart of water. it helps cover the taste of the water. But now I just drink plain water.
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    up to three a day after that..... NO because they do have calories....:) I learned that In weight watchers a while ago and stick to it... :):bigsmile:
  • lovesitbiatch
    Options
    I definately count it. It's not like juice or pop or something. You're getting your water in and it's 5-10 calories. For sure I'd count it.
  • ThumperWabbt
    ThumperWabbt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Water is water, whether it has a flavor added to it or not. So yes, it counts as water...just count the calories, too, if you're being very strict with them.
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    :smile: I used to use Crystal light many moons ago, and while I still sometimes use their sports drink version, I've found that especially with dinners having a glass of water with tons of ice and some lemon juice squeezed in is tastier. Plus don't have to worry about the extra weird chemicals.
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    :smile: I used to use Crystal light many moons ago, and while I still sometimes use their sports drink version, I've found that especially with dinners having a glass of water with tons of ice and some lemon juice squeezed in is tastier. Plus don't have to worry about the extra weird chemicals.

I heard from a author .. can't remember who.. that adding lemon to your water actually helps get rid of the bad stuff from your digestive system... Not sure how true it is.. but I know its better than adding chemicals to your body :) Lemons are natural... Thanks for reminding me about LEMONS :)