Kiwis Weekly Weigh In Number 3

Options
Hi Everyone

That time of the week again!
SW 90kg
CW 87.9kg

I cant remember my last weigh in.
Had a junk weekend! But am happy with the weight I am slowly losing!

Need ideas for good healthy, filling, low cal and fat snacks!

:)

Replies

• betzyrama
    betzyrama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    SW: 93.3
    CW: 86.7 (i think that's up 100 grams from last week, but it was an effort to get it back down here!!)
    Goal: hot! *meow*

Snacks: yoghurt! The Meadowfresh Live Lite Vanilla range is AWESOME. ummm... I eat dried apricots a bit. veggie sticks and hummus?

I need lunch idea for when I'm at work. Tired of the 5Ss (soup,salad,sandwich,sushi,subway)
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Well done, guys!!
    Brr. Not impressed with the fog and cold this week. It's making me hungryyyyy! LOL.

Last week: 70.1kg
    CW: 69.6kg
    Haven't seen the scale dip under 70kg in years, so you can imagine the happy dance that went on in my bathroom.

Snacks: My favourite morning filler-upper is low fat vanilla yogurt with frozen berries. Carrots with hummus is also good. A banana is always a winner for me when I'm craving something sweet.
    Lunch: I'm bored of my usual lunch, too! Sometimes I make extra dinner and bring leftovers. Baked beans are always good if you've got a microwave and toaster. I was thinking about making wraps at some stage. Maybe cous-cous with roasted veggies and feta, with maybe some pinenuts? That would be nice with quinoa, too.

I've replaced beef with venison in the casserole for tonight's dinner--I've bored myself to death with the usual dinners, and I need to do something about being more adventurous.
  • jolene1
    jolene1 Posts: 28
    Options
    i'm thinking fruits and veggies are best for snack.
    For lunch i've been trying to eat more protien.....such as Joseph's Flax oat bran & whole Wheat Lavash Bread with PB and Banana. Very very very very filling. Calories add up fast but it satisfies you all afternoon till dinner time!!
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    DOWN 0.5 KG YES!

Sorry, I'm just a bit excited! :p right... *regains composure*

Snacks - i love rice crackers with light philly. nom. And vege (cassava flour) chips too, they're so light you get quite a few for not many cals. And apple is great, I find chopping it into segments makes it muchmore appealing than just gnawing on it whole. Lots of fibre, very filling, and good for you!

Lunch I often bring leftovers, I have soup in the freezer, or those pasta pouches are good too, I think they're Watties? tortellini in a tomato sauce in a foil pouch. Makes me think I'm eating catfood when I squeeze it out into my bowl to microwave, but they taste good! I can't hardly even finish a whole pouch either, they're pretty filling & 250-odd calories for the tomato-based ones. The creamy ones are more like 4-500 cal. Countdown has them on special all the time for about $3 each. In my stores they're in the pasta-and-sauce section, or the ready-meals section depending on the store.
    I think people under-rate stuff like pasta and rice and put them in the EVIL CARBS category - yeah it's higher calories than lettuce per gram, but it's SO filling! Man if I have a bowl full of rice and curry(make with light & creamy carnation evap. milk not cream), or pasta, I don't WANT to eat til dinnertime, and when it arrives, I'm hungry but not ravenous.
    Meh, I dunno, works for me.
    Also, try making little quiches or pies. you can get reduced-fat pastry ready-rolled now, or use lightly buttered sandwich sliced bread. If I make it myself, I can get a REALLY good mince and cheese pie for half the cals of a microwave jobby from the supermarket. Use the "rich beefy mince" packet mix (continental) for the meat, and then some grated parmesan mixed with some light philly for the sauce. good good good. I have a little pie maker, but you can do them in the oven like a pasty too.
    Make up a huge casserole in the crockpot one day and freeze portions, then eat with a bread roll.
    I have a variety of things to eat with rice in the freezer in little tubs, then I cook rice and freeze it in snaploack bags, so I just grab a rice bag and a tub of whatever I fancy - curry, stir fry, devilled sausages, stroganoff, etc.
    Noticed a theme? LOL I start work @ 6am, so I'm ALL about the up-shower-hair-lunch-outta here in 15 minutes morning routine!

Have a great week!
  • somigliana
    Options
    Lunch I often bring leftovers, I have soup in the freezer, or those pasta pouches are good too, I think they're Watties? tortellini in a tomato sauce in a foil pouch. Makes me think I'm eating catfood when I squeeze it out into my bowl to microwave, but they taste good! I can't hardly even finish a whole pouch either, they're pretty filling & 250-odd calories for the tomato-based ones. The creamy ones are more like 4-500 cal. Countdown has them on special all the time for about $3 each. In my stores they're in the pasta-and-sauce section, or the ready-meals section depending on the store.

YES! I forgot all about these. YUM. My fav is the plain basil tomato one. I wonder what the salt is like in them... I never used to track that before this year. I'll have to check on Sunday when I go shopping.

Imo, carbs are NEVER evil. LOL. You can ask me to cut out lollies, but not my bread or pasta. Nope.

Congrats on your half a kg--that's brilliant!
  • sassyg
    Options
    that basil one is in the database as 840mg sodium - not too bad if you consider it a whole meal, 1/4 of the RDA
  • jimjamjandles
    Options
    Thanks Girls!
    I am going to go get Hummus etc at Lunch time, I eat plenty of veggies.
    Including raw mushrooms for morning tea etc. And lots of steamed veggies for dinners.
  • somigliana
    Options
    that basil one is in the database as 840mg sodium - not too bad if you consider it a whole meal, 1/4 of the RDA

No, that's not too bad on the scale of things. Considering the cup a soup I ate yesterday had 550mg o.O
    I think it's time to dig out the homemade crockpot soup recipes.
  • hepkitty
    hepkitty Posts: 133
    Options
    Yay for everyone who's making progress, great work guys!

I'm so excited for you somigliana, out of the 70s!!! Keep up the good work, I hope to join you soon :)

SW (29 Apr): 70.7kgs
    Last week: 70.45kgs
    This week: 71.05kgs

Have been sitting between 70.45 and 71.7 for about 4 weeks now, it's so frustrating...I was SO CLOSE to hitting the 60s! Am still losing centimetres though - 5cm in last 4 weeks from waist and thighs (YAY) - so at least something's still happening!

Snacks: Definitely yogurt (I make my own), fruit like apples, bananas, oranges, dried apricots, a small handful of almonds (really satisfies the urge to eat crunchy things), some oatmeal especially now that it's cold, the small cans of creamy rice... Never got into the chopped vege thing though I rate it as an idea, it's just I have pretty restricted fridge space at work (and work's where I do most of my snacking)..

I'm pretty boring when it comes to lunches, 9 times out of 10 I take a sandwich and it's almost always either peanut butter and banana, or avocado, tomato, red onion, cheese and lettuce...the other time in 10 it's usually leftovers. I am all about minimising the time spent awake in the mornings before I get to work!

My flatmate makes pasta or couscous and chops up dried apricots and nuts to put in it.. I think she puts other veges in it as well (never paid that much attention before, will have a peek tomorrow morning and see what goes in :)
  • hepkitty
    hepkitty Posts: 133
    Options
    Oh yeah, forgot my alltime favourite go-to snack of a banana with some peanut butter...it's about 230 calories I think (for 20g of unsweetened peanut butter and a whole banana) and a mix of fat, protein and carbs, and it tastes so good...and I find it to be really filling as well...
  • somigliana
    Options
    I'm so excited for you somigliana, out of the 70s!!! Keep up the good work, I hope to join you soon :)

Have been sitting between 70.45 and 71.7 for about 4 weeks now, it's so frustrating...I was SO CLOSE to hitting the 60s! Am still losing centimetres though - 5cm in last 4 weeks from waist and thighs (YAY) - so at least something's still happening!

Thank you so much! I'm sure I will see you there soon :) I know a scale plateau is hellish frustrating--my latest one lasted for almost 4 weeks before cracking a couple of weeks ago. But seeing movement on the tape measure is brilliant. Your body's probably just playing catch-up and getting into sync and balance now.
  • dollhouseghostnz
    Options
    Hi all,,, if you have been following me, you will see I have been having a rough time. Today I started anew...
    CW is 73kg.

Have a wonderful evening all :)
  • sassyg
    Options
    Well Hi there!
    I'n in Tga too - live in W. Bay and work @ the Mount, near the port.
  • betzyrama
    betzyrama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Watties chunky soups are on special (2 for $4) at NW this month and the ravioli is like 380 cals for the whole massive can (I gobbled that thing down). Good and filling lunch, and cheap!

Carbs = yum!!
  • sassyg
    Options
    Yes! I love carbs. Nothing else fills me up.
  • sassyg
    Options
    Oh yuk, I'm coming down with a cold.

Time to veg on the couch with a hot cocoa and listen to the rain.
  • jimjamjandles
    Options
    You will get there. I have bad days too.. So pump it up by doing some sit ups etc :)