Feeling low

Junisahn
Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
Hey,

I made a bet with my sister 6 weeks ago today - lose 8 lbs in 8 weeks, or I have to pay my sister $100.00. She made the same deal with me. I have 2 weeks to go, and 2 lbs to go, so I'm directly on track, but I feel like quitting right now. I don't know what's wrong with me. Perhaps I'm afraid of trying and failing. My weight loss is erratic, what with water weight and all the daily fluctuations. I know this was an impractical bet for that reason, but we are trying to counter the fluctuations by taking the average of 3 weigh ins - June 1,2 & 3. (The 2nd is 8 weeks exactly).

Anyway, today, I just felt like quitting, and I stuffed my face with a big ice cream sundae smothered in peanut butter and whipped cream. I skipped dinner because I was so full. I'm at work now, and go home at 8, and will be hungry. I feel comatose right now from the sugar, and not satiated at all. I'm not over my calories yet - still have around 500 to go, but nothing in the world sounds good to eat. I just feel like crap and feel like I'm really sabotaging my chances... :( Need some support and sympathy, I guess...

Edited to add that I can see one reason why I binged by looking at my calories... I am REALLY REALLY low on protein.

Replies

• You can do it. Don't worry about the bet. Just be happy you're losing and living healthier. One bad day isn't the end. Don't give up.
  • deasourus
    deasourus Posts: 16
    yo
  • deasourus
    deasourus Posts: 16
    your still on track! don't let one little binge get to you. I was doing a great job on my diet and then I binged and had a huge tub of curly fries yesterday! (they were so yummy and i totally don't regret it) but I went over my calorie intake my like 100 but that didn't change today. don't beat yourself up. you've lost 6 pounds so far! only two tiny little pounds to go! you can do it! and the numero uno rule of dieting is not to look at the scale everyday for the exact reason you named. so don't let it get to you! good luck, you have a lot of people supporting you so your not alone <3
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Sometimes that is how life is we get feeling down about something. The key is to not let it keep you down. You can do it! Don't let a binge day rule how if affects you for the rest of the time. You have done awesome so far and you can finish it out and lose those 2 pounds.
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    Thanks guys... I appreciate the motivational words. I have a plan for the rest of the night. I'm going home in 8 minutes. I'm going to poach 2 eggs and have them on a sandwich thin along with a carrot and some steamed broccoli. That'll be the replacement dinner. Then for my last night snack, I'm going to have 1/2 cup yogurt with cinnamon and a cup of strawberries. I'll still come under my calories by about 50 (tho who really knows how accurate I measured that sundae).

Ugh - I really feel gross!! Like I'm going to fall asleep right here, and I'm SOO thirsty!! On my 7th cup of water in the past 3 hours!
  • elizawe
    elizawe Posts: 54 Member
    Sounds like you have a great plan. Glad to see you didn't give up. Add a walk around your neighborhood after dinner and you will be fine.

:smile:
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Sounds like a good plan. I agree go for a walk if you can. Not only is it good for exercise but also good to help lift your spirits.
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    You can do this - you are strong!! Look at everything you have been through (I viewed your profile) - you aren't going to let two pounds get you! I completely understand the variety of emotions you must go through in a day, because I have them too- we have had very similar experiences in the past few years - so today you had a slip up, a minor setback, but you are aware and you have a plan to fix the rest of your day - that is what really matters! Keep your head up - take that beautiful baby of yours out for a walk and enjoy life - tomorrow is a new day :)
This discussion has been closed.