gettin your sweet fix after dinner

Options
krislshoe
krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
Im always ready for something sweet after dinner and would like to know what everybody does to get their sweet fix after dinner that is not high in calories. I love the Lindt dark chocolate with sea salt (1 square is only 45 cal) It usually does the trick...the other thing I eat is 2Tbsp. of marshmallow creme...only 40 cal. and oh so sweet and tasty:0)

Replies

• Thaedra
    Thaedra Posts: 52
    Options
    You had me at "dark chocolate with sea salt".... That sounds sooooooo good right now!!!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered the sea salt one.... delicious! as is chili-flavor. I also adore fruit (mango, strawberries) with or without a honey/sugar/chocolate drizzle. oreos are a current weakness.... plain fat-free frozen yogurt with fruit is also amazing. if i'm really desperate, a cup or two of hot chocolate or popcorn helps as well.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I workout to earn calories during the day so I can enjoy whatever treat I want at night. Lately it's been Blue Bunny raspberry Aspen bars. Mmmm.
  • krislshoe
    krislshoe Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    OH it is soooooo goood! and just one square does the trick!
  • raleigh
    raleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    lately, i have been mixing:

--unsweetened cocoa powder
    --some splenda/agave/honey/sugar/etc etc
    --water

to make a chocolate drizzle, into which i can dip oranges, apple slices, and BANANAS!
    best dessert ever and if you use a fake sugar is like 15 cals max.
  • AllisonMS
    AllisonMS Posts: 104
    Options
    Hershey's kisses -- 23 calories each
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    Skinny Cow Ice Cream!
  • rhstyles
    rhstyles Posts: 36
    Options
    Frozen cool whip........yuumm.....seems sooo much like ice cream
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i agree with just a square of dark chocolate. the super strong taste usually does the trick. i'll also have 2 fresh stawberries drizzled with chocolate syrup, or a pasquez cake (like a flat rice cake that's only 19 cal.) spread with a tiny amount of WW cream cheese and sugar-free fruit preserves (about 40 cal. all together.).

oh and lately i've been really into Annie's brand "bunnies and friends". (much like teddy grahams) they're little organic cookies shaped like bunnies and they're soo cute. the "bunnies and friends" are a mixture of flavors in one box - honey graham, chocolate, and chocolate chip.

i know these aren't too healthy but i also love the peanut butter chocolate chewy granola bars. i'm pretty sure they're only 90 cals though??
  • abursey1
    abursey1 Posts: 36
    Options
    I know it may sound silly....but recently I have LOVED eating marshmallows...the mini ones of course, but man they taste so good
  • iluvjac
    iluvjac Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm loving jello with light cool whip together!!! Not really chocolate person (I know I am the only person who doesn't crave chocolate) :) only has about 90 cal for 1 cup serving :blushing:
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    What about fat free pudding? I make it homemade for my hubby. He has to have his sweets.
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    Hershey's kisses -- 23 calories each

+1. I like dishing out a portion of them (esp the dark chocolate ones). Since I like to chug water when I eat chocolates (well, no champagne handy! *laugh*) it also helps with my water totals. Plus, since it's so rich, I have a couple, work, then a couple more about 1/2 hr later, etc)

Also good -- skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. Yum!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    OH it is soooooo goood! and just one square does the trick!
    I'm that same way. Was never a dark chocolate fan so it's not a danger food for me to be around.:laugh: I think today at the healthfood coop I picked up 97% cacao with unchopped cherries. 2.5 servings per bar, and each bar is 12 squares, least I think I read that right earlier.
    Plus I just stick it in the freezer in case something happens in life and I flip out and think it's the real thing. lol
    Seems one square and I'm good to go, don't even seem to need it but every couple week, yup PMS bgaaaaaaaahhhh!:sick:
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    i find a drink good value, like hot chocolate or cocoa, or sweetened tea...
  • SimonLondon
    SimonLondon Posts: 350
    Options
    Muller light toffee yogurt. That always fixes any sweet tooth craving.

Someone posted that they are the only one who doesn't miss chocolate.... you're not, come me in too :laugh:
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    I'm with Simon - try a dessert flavour yogurt. I love Yoplait Dessert Selection Lemon Meringue.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Ghiradelli 100%

Quite literally a square of pure baking chocolate. Zero sugar and pure antioxidants and flavonoids :)

I also like Lindt 85-90% chocolate squares. When you go that high in cocoa percentage, you find you need less for satisfaction. It's quite rich and doesn't trigger sugar cravings. Takes a bit to adjust to, though. And if you eat it, do so very slowly. You can't eat a whole square in a single bite. Whoa, no way.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I also have just a square or two of high quality dark chocolate (about 70% dark). I just nibble it and let it dissolve in my mouth.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the sugar free Dark chocolate pudding. mmmmm, I need one now! ha