Planet Fitness Circuit Training

Options
Hi Everyone,

I am just getting back into my routine at the gym (I was running outside and doing JM 30DS at home) and I have been doing about 30 minutes on the treadmill and the PF Express 30 min. circuit training at Planet Fitness. My question is, does anyone have success with this? I like it because usually I'm the only one really that uses it when I'm at the gym, but it also makes me wonder why people aren't doing it.
Thanks

Replies

• FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it will work, but it probably isn't the fastest most optimal way.
  • Alyssa__Lauren
    Alyssa__Lauren Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    The circuit training at PF is more for people who haven't really used weight machines before so it's not really high intensity. That being said, I use it sometimes and I find it helpful. I would use it more but people at my PF are annoying and don't follow the circuit rules. I wish the station was monitored....there are signs everywhere that say the rules are "strictly enforced" but they're really...not. lol.
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    My Planet Fitness circuit area gets a lot of action. While I know the machines are maybe not as good for you as the free weights, I still feel it is a good workout. There are people of all levels of fitness using it. I see some really fit people use it and they may just increase the intensity on the steps and up the weight on the machines. For people starting out or with health restrictions it is also nice because you can step slower and use lighter weights as needed. When I use my heart rate monitor while using it I always stay in my target heart rate zone.
  • KrysGettinFit
    KrysGettinFit Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm pretty new at using the weight machines myself (or any type of weight lifting), so I think it works out for me for now! Eventually I think I will graduate to the free weights and start really weight training. Alyssa, I know exactly what you mean about people not following the rules! I have had a few people who have come in and thrown off my work out.
  • LIswimmer51
    Options
    I like it, I just did it tonight for the first time, I didn't feel too challenged though, and people are obnoxious with the machines and don't follow it how they should…sans the fact there are signs all over saying they'll be terminated… go figure.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm pretty new at using the weight machines myself (or any type of weight lifting), so I think it works out for me for now! Eventually I think I will graduate to the free weights and start really weight training. Alyssa, I know exactly what you mean about people not following the rules! I have had a few people who have come in and thrown off my work out.

I had a lady once basically kick me off a machine. she claimed she was "going in sequence" and she wasn't. I was. People at my gym skip the steps and take like 2 full lights to get their butt in gear and use a machine and get off it.
  • Albion147
    Options
    They may expedite stroke and heart situations, They have absence of security regulation,
    They comes about gloom and stress....