Well, question..

Options
I've been using this App for about a month now and love it! Literally did not know there was a website until..right now actually though, haha. I am 5'6 and about 129 lbs, maybe less now.. I'm not weighing myself until Saturday I promised myself.. but I really want to get down to around 120... what's the best way to do that? For the past 2 or 3 days I've only been eating around 500 or 600 calories a day, and I plan to continue that. I also exercise pretty rigorously 3-4 times a week, with lots of cardio and strength training.

--Also, was wondering what super healthy and low-calorie foods (like fruits, veggies, protein) to buy at the grocery store?

Replies

• Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Hi. :) I'm pretty much the same as you; I'm 5'5" and weigh 126 pounds. My goal weight is 115 pounds minimum. For starters, you aren't eating enoung calories! 500 calories is dangerously low so please consider eating 1,200-1,600 calories daily. You will not see any results consuming only 500 calories. Yikes. Your exercise routine sounds good.
    As for some healthy weight loss foods consider:
    low fat PLAIN Greek yogurt (not the sugar filled Chobani junk)
    nuts such as almonds
    low fat string cheese
    dave's killer bread is AMAZING!
    black beans
    berries, bananas, oranges, grapes, avocados, zucchini, spinach, kale
    natural green tea
    replace peanut butter with organic almond butter
    replace butter with olive oil
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    What Minerva said! First of all, eat more. MFP can calculate the exact amount of calories you need to lose the weight you want.
    Also, be aware that you are allready at a very healthy weight level. It may be harder for you to lose 9 pounds, but don't get discouraged, and don't ever ever go under 1200 cal a day :)
    Good luck!
  • turtlefitnessdad
    turtlefitnessdad Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat enough food you are basicilly telling your body to hold on to what source of energy it has. (fat)

Your body will not function correctly if you eat as little as you say you do. You must eat more if you want to sustain your weight loss.
  • armaza
    Options
    Talk to your sponsor.