For those of you who have "cheat days"

Options
For those that have a "cheat day" to keep your body guessing, is your "cheat day" on your weigh in day, weekend, or do you vary it? I was wondering if it is done for the sole purpose of keeping your body guess, should it be a different day each week? Just wondering what everyone else is doing. Thanks.

Replies

• gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I don't have a cheat day, but a cheat meal. I weigh in on Sunday mornings so I am to have my cheat meal sometime on Sunday after I have weighed in. Sometimes though, plans mean my cheat meal is on a Saturday and ill then weigh in on Monday instead to give me an extra day to recover if I went over my calories. If my cheat meal was within calories though, I'll still weigh in on Sunday!
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Cheat day is every day if you manage your diary correctly!!!

BOOM!!!!!!!!1
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat meal..sometimes...I have mine the day I've weighed in.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

BOOM!!!!!!!!1

So your saying I can have my cake and eat it too and even add some fries and a juicy burger as long as its within my calorie range and not have to worry about gaining weight due to my work out and still be chizzled so that the ladies melt all over my bulging muscles?

tumblr_maldoqB1I41qbp8k4o1_500.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3f9o4c0x3lfvLpa1isoexdyGUHOhBCcv-jVdj2gXSL_t3SsOh
  • natm91
    natm91 Posts: 39
    Options
    I have a cheat snack or meal or congratulate my self of a good week. If its a bad week then I don't. It just gives me something to look forward to that bag of sweets or that slice of cake because I find that if you restrict your self your more likely to cheat on the diet. :smile:
  • MN4US
    MN4US Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    For those that have a "cheat day" to keep your body guessing, is your "cheat day" on your weigh in day, weekend, or do you vary it?

I weigh daily so can't really answer that, but my cheat meal doesn't seem to affect my weigh in! And I don't plan my cheat meal days, they just happen :)
    I was wondering if it is done for the sole purpose of keeping your body guess, should it be a different day each week? Just wondering what everyone else is doing. Thanks.

I do it for my sanity! And because I love pizza too much to say no.. It does tend to be on different days.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options

BOOM!!!!!!!!1

So your saying I can have my cake and eat it too and even add some fries and a juicy burger as long as its within my calorie range and not have to worry about gaining weight due to my work out and still be chizzled so that the ladies melt all over my bulging muscles?

tumblr_maldoqB1I41qbp8k4o1_500.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3f9o4c0x3lfvLpa1isoexdyGUHOhBCcv-jVdj2gXSL_t3SsOh

I'm saying everything in moderation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I don't have a cheat day or cheat meal. I eat good 95% of the time...if I decide to have pizza and beer some night, I know I have been good and I can still eat it. I will plan to be up in weight for a few days because of the extra sodium and such, but I know it won't hurt me in the long run. I just flush it out with lots of water and stay on track again. Now if it makes you want more cheat days, then I suggest not taking a so called cheat day. Yes, moderation is key.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what really constitutes a cheat day. I eat clean, healthy, good-for-you stuff all week, and Friday during the day, but Friday nights (or every other Friday night) the hubby brings home pizza, and I still stay under my calories range even when I eat it.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    if you weigh yourself after a cheat meal (i.e. right after or the day after) then don't freak if you see a big jump in weight, it's probably from sodium.

other than that, it doesn't matter what day you weigh in on, provided you weigh yourself in the same circumstances each time, and then look for a change over time, not day to day fluctuations. If you have any kind of cycling in your eating plan, e.g. carb cycling, intermittent fasting, cheat days, etc, you will see large fluctuations in water weight, due to your body having varying amounts of glycogen in your system, and if you eat a lot of sodium on some days then you'll see water weight gain due to sodium as well. So weighing yourself on the same point in the cycle is important. What point in the cycle that happens to be matters less.
  • Fat2FitQueen
    Fat2FitQueen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    well as 4 me I've decided 2 weigh in on monday mornings because my hubby is off from work on mondays so thats the only day he gets 2 cook his traditional mexican meals ( ummmm yummy) so dinner is my cheat meal but I save enough calories during the day & make it my business 2 work harder at the gym 4 a lil extra calories its been working 4 me im loosing 2lbs. a wk...