Right here and now

Options
So this time of day is the hardest. Stress eating like H***. If I would I could easly wolf down 1000's of calories in bad food right now......... I hate these times of day and I hope that I can read about how others are dealing with this. So 2 cups of hot chocolate and a pear........ I'll be Hungry again in 10 minutes...........

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Nuts and some dried fruit is my afternoon snack today.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I like to do apples if they are available to me.
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Awww......well don't go eat 1000's. :tongue: I totally get what you are talking about though. It took me awhile to get past these times myself. I now go for a walk if I'm feeling like I could eat the whole cupboards bare....or I read or take a long bath. I would suggest picking up a hobby if you have any and throwing yourself into those things when the feeling comes along. Or if you just have to eat, eat something high in fiber and good for you. :wink: I think you'll find these times will become less frequent or less noticeable with time. Hope that helped a little at least!
  • cmyres
    cmyres Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Try grabbing a couple of those 0 calorie drinks they help me out tremendously. Yeah they've got sodium but my intake with healthy food is normally not enough sodium anyway. Coke Zero, Vitamin Water Zero, etc.
    You are a ZEN MASTER, chill!
    That pear was a good choice! You're doing good! keep it up.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Consider something other than hot chocolate and a pear. I have a mini bagel w/ peanut butter as my afternoon snack when I really get that "hungry" feeling and it feels me up longer because of the fiber and protein. Also consider fiber or protein bars if they fit within your calories. Another technique would be to eat a larger lunch to keep you from getting hungry earlier and then compensate with a smaller dinner.
  • BbNuke
    BbNuke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    For my mid-day slump, I take a walk around the building, jog back up the stairs, and then eat either a cup of yogurt (80 cals) or a piece of fruit. On those days that I can't get away to walk around, I do some stretches & jogging in place in the privacy of my office.
  • badsnacker
    badsnacker Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies. Sitting in the office, it's hard to go for a walk which would help I'm sure, but else I'll have to find something else to get my mind of the eating part. Damm these habbits are hard to get rid of.