Hello from Ireland?!

Options
Hi guys, I am just starting out on this and would love some support/motivation from fellow losers (in the good sense).

I'm 5ft 9 and 170 - I would like to get down to 150 to fit into some nice clothes and feel good about myself.

I LOVE food. Usually to excess. I also love exercise and sometimes it balances out but more than often not. I like the idea of counting calories as I can use the exercise to "pay" for treats that I can't live without.

It's Pancake Tuesday in Ireland today so its going to be tough but just exercising more eating less to allow for some gluttony this evening.

Please add me :)

Replies

• thunder1981
    Options
    Hi!
    I am just starting out today too! We have in common the fact that we both love food and exercise. I use to be 190lbs and went down to 130lbs, but now here I am today at 157lbs. I am only 5ft 2, so I really should be about 135lbs.
    Good luck to you! Your picture is beautiful :)
  • arnfolly
    arnfolly Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hello from Michigan USA. I hear ya, I love food too. I find it difficult to stay under 1200 calories every day, I find myself hungry in the evening, do you find this to be also a problem? What do you do for exercise? I LOVE to hike with my 2 mastiffs, a great workout and very enjoyable. I am currently 150# at 5' 6" size 6 jeans and want to get down to 135/140. Unfortunately I am recuperating from a labryl tear and osteoplasty of my right hip, so exercise is NON optional at this point, not for a few more weeks according to my surgeon. *sigh* Pancakes? *sigh* have not eaten one of those in almost a year. *sigh* :) Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!
  • joyceks65
    Options
    hi just joined this morning I cant do gym Im disabled but need to lose a lot of wieght Im also 65years young and want to live a lot longer lol going to realy try at this
  • Kaypink21
    Options
    Hiya i'm just starting out on here too, still not too sure how it all works but gettin the hang of it slowly. Hoping this will help with my motivation an all. Im rubbish at stickin to things....Def need the support an advice this time around.

Pancake day is a no go with me today though, tryna steer clear, the only thing im findin hard to give up is chocolate! Im a mega chocaholic!

Good luck :)
  • siobhsies
    siobhsies Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    HI everybody, thanks for the replies and requests! It has to be easier when other people are tracking what you do!
    Hello from Michigan USA. I hear ya, I love food too. I find it difficult to stay under 1200 calories every day, I find myself hungry in the evening, do you find this to be also a problem? What do you do for exercise? I LOVE to hike with my 2 mastiffs, a great workout and very enjoyable. I am currently 150# at 5' 6" size 6 jeans and want to get down to 135/140. Unfortunately I am recuperating from a labryl tear and osteoplasty of my right hip, so exercise is NON optional at this point, not for a few more weeks according to my surgeon. *sigh* Pancakes? *sigh* have not eaten one of those in almost a year. *sigh* :) Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

I find the 1200 hard to stick to too but I will do plenty of exercise to earn some extra calories. I love walking. I like running. I enjoy spin classes and going to the gym when I have a proper program. I believe weights are great but I am not brave enough to land myself in the middle of the free weights in my new gym which seems to be a male-only area!
  • eloisemonteiro
    eloisemonteiro Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Heya! I lived in Dublin for almost 2 years, in a exchange program, I looove Ireland and the Irish <3
    Miss everything about it, the accent, the pubs, Penneys, even the Gardai hahaha
    about the pancake don't worry, to honour my irish memories I made this recipe this morning: http://www.blogilates.com/recipe-index/100-natural-pancakes-recipe-gluten-free-flourless-low-calorie
  • siobhsies
    Options
    Heya! I lived in Dublin for almost 2 years, in a exchange program, I looove Ireland and the Irish <3
    about the pancake don't worry, to honour my irish memories I made this recipe this morning: http://www.blogilates.com/recipe-index/100-natural-pancakes-recipe-gluten-free-flourless-low-calorie

I could never live in a country that didn't have Penneys! haha! Thanks for the recipe! It seems too good to be true, I will definitely give it a go later, thanks!
  • jcwmarch
    jcwmarch Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm new to this too, but I have the same problem: I LOVE food! I came on here looking for a little motivation. I went to Ireland last year and am in love with it!! I would definitely move there if I didn't have so many commitments here in the US. Good luck to you with everything!
  • eloisemonteiro
    Options

I could never live in a country that didn't have Penneys! haha! Thanks for the recipe! It seems too good to be true, I will definitely give it a go later, thanks!

I don't have Penneys, Forever, Tesco or Argos :sad:
    I don't know what I'm doing in this world anymore :laugh:

It is a delicious recipe, just be careful with the topping - usually the most caloric thing - I'd go with a melted peanut butter ... sounds "fatty" but has GOOD fats and important nutrients, don't focus only on calories, focus also on nutrients, I've this Tumblr with tips and food guides to learn more about it and know what I'm eating , here's the link: http://beingfitness.tumblr.com/tagged/food guide

This one in particular is about food label, really important: http://beingfitness.tumblr.com/post/41046095815/http-beingfitness-tumblr-com
  • arnfolly
    Options
    LOL DO NOT LET THE GUYS SCARE YOU out of the weight area of the gym! I use to be a weight lifter. I was doing some flys one time and I actually had this ADONIS of a man come up to me and compliment me on my form! I almost dropped the weights! LOL! Guys LOVE a woman who lifts weights if she knows how to do it properly. I used a trainer a few times many moons ago to learn how to PROPERLY lift the weights so as to avoid injury. My older sister is a personal trainer in San Diego CA USA and she says the same thing. Do not let ANYONE stop YOU from acheiving your goals! :)
  • arnfolly
    Options
    Joyceks65:
    Is there anything you can do to help get your blood flowing? you mentioned you were disabled, do you work with a therapist? My PT gal gave me some GREAT exercises after a ruptured L5/S1 disk and partial knee replacement last year. I was AMAZED at how for such easy exercises which did not hurt how much weight I lost, or should I say I went from a size 8 to a 6 and was not really even dieting! :)
  • siobhsies
    Options
    LOL DO NOT LET THE GUYS SCARE YOU out of the weight area of the gym! I use to be a weight lifter. I was doing some flys one time and I actually had this ADONIS of a man come up to me and compliment me on my form! I almost dropped the weights! LOL! Guys LOVE a woman who lifts weights if she knows how to do it properly. I used a trainer a few times many moons ago to learn how to PROPERLY lift the weights so as to avoid injury. My older sister is a personal trainer in San Diego CA USA and she says the same thing. Do not let ANYONE stop YOU from acheiving your goals! :)

You are right, I used to lift weights in my gym in college but I knew the guys and always went really early in the morning. I think I need a few PT sessions to give me some guidance as I wouldn't have a clue where to start. The new gym does PT sessions starting at €15 for 30 mins which is great value.
  • turtlefitnessdad
    turtlefitnessdad Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    OH..........OH, I am not from Irelend but i thought i would sit in here and listen to you all talk. You have an awsome accent. lol : )
  • eloisemonteiro
    Options

You are right, I used to lift weights in my gym in college but I knew the guys and always went really early in the morning. I think I need a few PT sessions to give me some guidance as I wouldn't have a clue where to start. The new gym does PT sessions starting at €15 for 30 mins which is great value.

Are you doing BenDunnes? I used to go there, helped me to lose around 7kg :)
    And there's a lot girls weight lifting, dont worry about it, put some music you like and screwed them, they don't pay your gym to judge anyone lol
    People take their time in the gym very serious, they are willing to help you if you need/ask , it's kind of their way to show they know things, you know what I mean? Besides that each one take care of their own business, no one start in the best shape, it's matter of time, focus on what YOU want for yourself, don't be embarrassed. If you wanna ask something just send a message :) like what to bring or not - locker, shower sandal, extra towel , etc
  • siobhsies
    Options
    OH..........OH, I am not from Irelend but i thought i would sit in here and listen to you all talk. You have an awsome accent. lol : )

Thanks! I was in New York last week and everyone guessed I was Irish because of my hair and then knew I was Irish cos of my accent!
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Hi....if you want some tips and some support, send me a friend request. Warning: I won't always tell you what you want to hear.
  • joyceks65
    Options
    do try and have a little walk when I'm having a good day, I used to go to the gym when I was younger then I got ill and that's when I put on the weight comfort eating , I gradually lost some use in my right hand and my left leg then bits all over my body went numb they say Iv had a virus that my body attacked then my body went and attacked me but hey I'm still here and upright lol enjoy my life and have a very good family around me I'm happy but would be happier without the weight:happy:
  • joyceks65
    Options
    thanks