Food glorious food

Options
I am permanently hungry – no matter what I do I am always hungry – it is beginning to
really get to me. When I am at work and I see people eating it makes me want to eat.
Food food food is all I think about – why?

Does anybody have this problem ? What do you do about it ? Any tricks apart from drinking copious amounts of water or having healthy snacks every 2 hours because I do that – I really need some advice : (

Replies

• MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Open your diary and you might get some useful advice :flowerforyou:
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    I've looked at your diary and you seem to be doing all the things I would suggest, lots of vegetables, protein etc. How much water are you drinking?
  • trb85
    trb85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Is there a particular food that really sets you off?

For me, if I have a craving for something (let's just use chocolate as an example), it will start off as just a craving for that one thing. But if I don't indulge that craving and let myself have a little piece of chocolate, then I start craving EVERYTHING.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Your body isn't weak, your mind is.

You're not hungry. Your body probably just thinks you are based on previous bad eating habits and withdrawl from sugars.

Mind over matter for a while and you'll train your body to get used to working properly

boom!!!
  • leanne2376
    Options
    It can be anything that sets me off. Once I start eating in the morning that is it. I start with fruit then yogurt etc

I have chocolate when the cravings get too much but most of the time its healthy choices
  • leanne2376
    Options
    Your body isn't weak, your mind is.

You're not hungry. Your body probably just thinks you are based on previous bad eating habits and withdrawl from sugars.

Mind over matter for a while and you'll train your body to get used to working properly

boom!!!

Me like this thanku :bigsmile:
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Before I was diagnosed as hypothyroid I was constantly seriously hungry. I could never get full. This has gone away since I have started taking synthroid to replace the hormones. I still want to snack all the time at work, but i manage it now. Before I was hungry. You may want to be checked.
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Is it your stomach that is hungry or your mouth??
    Mouth indicates that it is your head trying to fool you into previous bad eating habits. I suspect that none of us got here by listening to our stomachs......... they rarely get a chance to be empty!!
  • akj_25
    akj_25 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    i have struggled with the same problems for as long as i can remember
    and
    i don't know if there is any true basis to this or not - but one thing that i found helps me is that i dont eat breakfast until about 10 am or later, i used to eat as soon as i got up, now i drink a couple of glasses of water first then eat. and nothing real sugary for breakfast - usually eggs or oatmeal with some cinnamon and stevia.

like i said i don't know why this works but it has been working for me - i dont feel the urge to graze all day. been doing this on my days off for the past couple weeks and so far it helps.
  • Fenomka
    Fenomka Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I think the question was already asked, but how much water are you drinking? I've started adding fiber powder to my water, which also helps me feel full, and is only about 5-10 cal per serving, and is nothing but fiber, essentially. don't know if that would help, but I know it helped me. :)

And yes, mind over mouth! If you know you've eaten, but your body is telling you it's hungry, drink 8 oz of water slowly, and see if that fixes it.

You've got this!!
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I can graze all day, as long as it fits my calorie goals and macros I don't think it matters :smile:
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    There's a good amount of sugar in yogurt (and fruit) which causes cravings in some people. Have you tried eating eggs/egg whites with some ham and/or fruit? Maybe if you increase your protein in the AM it may help? At the beginning I went through the same thing... I just kept adjusting my meals until I found what worked for me. Good luck :)
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I eat when I am bored or depressed. I just have to get out of kitchen area, take a hot bath, clean or anything. I weigh myself every morning and when I start to shovel food into mouth, I try to think how I will feel in morning on the scale!!! Being a little hungry is normal, just tell yourself it feels better than being bloated.

Nothing tastes as good as feeling thin.
  • want2walknotwaddle
    Options
    Distraction works for me!

If I craving on an evening when waiting for OH to come home from work so can have dinner, I will jump in bath and have a soak. If I am craving through day i will put shoes on and walk round the block a couple of times or start doing some housework (sometimes when it doesn't need doing lol).

Are you eating on the move alot because I have found this makes it difficult for me to realise I have eaten so anything I eat now I go and sit at the kitchen table so I know I have eaten something and give it time to settle down before I start doing something again.