These are 19 crazy push up exercises-- gotta see to believe

Options
How many of these can you do? I don't think I can do...any. But now I know what to work toward!! :p The best is at 0:58.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0mNQsPMuHQ

Replies

• Nicks_scotland
    Options
    Holy swearwords.

nuff said.
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    wow- that was freakin impressive
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    freaking hell!!
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    holy crap - I am lucky to do a full push up, though I did like the superman and the 360 wow
  • jimmie65
    jimmie65 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Fingertip - check
    Diamond - hard but check
    Hindu - part of my daily warm-up
    Spiderman - check
    Clapping - check
    Dragonwalk - check (these are a helluva workout)
    Archer - never tried, not sure I can
    Chest tap - never seen these before; they look hard
    One-hand - check, no more than 3
    One-hand, one-leg - nope
    And the rest just get insane. No way in hell.
  • itsmedicinalbacon
    Options
    those are crazy!! thanks for ideas!
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    nooooooo superman is the best lol
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    HOLY F..!!!! I have trouble doing one normal push up lol
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    that is just the kind of stuff I want to be able to do *added to goal list*

I can do regular push-ups and push-ups with my feet on an elevated surface. Diamond push-ups are next on my list to try (they were before I saw this video, as someone advised me they're good for triceps) but don't yet know if I can do them or not.

The other ones will be added to my goal list in order of difficulty.... (some of them my long term goal list lol)
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Very impressive. I am good up to the one arm push ups. Once it got to the one leg/1 arm & beyond, yea those are gonna be tuff
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    We do various types of push ups in our TKD class. But there is no way in HELL that I will ever EVER show this video to my instructor!! LOL
  • its_go_time
    its_go_time Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    What the F? What psycho, nut-bag came up with half of those? My face doesn't trust me enough to try half of that list.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Bahaha, that is impressive and insane, yet I had to hold my laughter,. Especially at the Hindu push ups and the guy doing pull ups!
  • mpmama2re
    mpmama2re Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    wow, that was impressive! gotta try some of those.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    HOLY *kitten* BALLS!!! THIS DUDE IS FREAKING STRONG. The first few seconds I thought Oh I can do those until he became a freaking acrobatic flying monkey.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I was good up until the one handed stuff. My guess is I could probably do them but I've never tried. I'm not totally sure I have the balance for that. :)
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Fingertip - Yes, don't do max reps, but 10 as part of my warmup
    Diamond - Easy
    Hindu - Easy, more of a conditioning exercise
    Spiderman - Little harder on the core, still easy
    Clap - Can do 3 claps per rep
    Dragon Walk - Never tried, but it seems like a one arm emphasized variant
    Archer - Haven't done them in a long time, last 2 arm step in the progression to one arm pushups
    Chst tap - Never tried, similar to clap pushups though, if you can do a double clap, the chest tap should be no problem
    One arm - Can do 11 per arm on the form he's using, 5 reps each with a feet shoulder width
    One arm one leg - Never counted, but it is a bit of a party trick. Isn't really much harder than a one arm pushup, when doing shoulder width one arm pushups, one of the legs is just there, you can lift it up and it doesn't affect the difficulty at all, the leg is merely acting like a counterweight.
    Knee Slap - I've seen it, but never tried it.
    One arm clap - I prefer to side switch instead of clapping when doing plyo one arm pushups (like Rocky does). Can do 3 reps each arm doing side switch plyometric OAP's.
    Muy Thai - Another plyo pushup variant I've seen but never tried.
    Aztec - These are a quite hard plyo pushup variant, never tried personally, I'm not that big into plyometrics. He's got a quite powerful plyometric pushup.
    Superman - WTF, seems like a reverse aztec pushup. Never seen that one.
    Triple Clap - Another standard plyo pushup variation, I do the 3 claps in front. Have to try the behind the back clap like that.
    Lalanne Pushup - Know of them, never tried, front lever pulls work the exact same muscles in a much larger ROM, I work those.
    Crucifix - Similar to a maltese pushup, but a maltese pushup has the arms at a 45 degree angle toward the waist instead of straight out. Don't paricularly like the crucifix pushup angle at the shoulder. Maltese pushups hit your pecs hard.
    360 pushup - Damn, that's pretty crazy.

No handstand pushups?

Where at the planche pushup variations? Beyond one arm pushups, almost everything he does is a plyometric variation, not strength variations. A well done pseudo planche pushup is about as hard as a one arm pushup, and that is the easiest variation of the family, which get very, very hard (few people on this earth are strong enough to do a full planche pushup with good form).
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Where at the planche pushup variations?

If I'm showing off, I show off the things I'm good at. Getting good at plyo is far easier than going into planche, and looks a lot better to people that aren't familiar with it.
  • AussieTrainer
    Options
    If you like these, he has another video on his channel called "44 best body exercises" and they are pretty much just as mind blowing if not more so. ^_^ Definitely inspiring to try out new things.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    please can someone post videos of these planche push-up variations

I'll look up 44 best body exercises